Hey guys

I currently own a deben max lamp which with a red filter is good out 40-50m and a chinese ultrafire torch with red lamp which is good out to 20-30m.

I am looking for a torch style lamp which is red that is good for 40-50m:

Has anyone tried the tracer 700 led with red filter and is it any good?

Aslo i have seen the chinese ones on ebay with 600-700 lumen power with a xenon bulb are these good with red filters?

I know that leds dont work aswell with red filters as normal bulbs

Any help welcomed

Thanks

Scott

I've got a Ledray GL4 and it works a treat. I tape the switch to the pistol grip and away you go, not bad price wise either. The only down side is the batteries that can cost a bit but fleabay has loads of people selling them off cheap.

I've got a Ledray GL4 and it works a treat. I tape the switch to the pistol grip and away you go, not bad price wise either. The only down side is the batteries that can cost a bit but fleabay has loads of people selling them off cheap.

Is yours the one with the red bulb?

Scott

Is yours the one with the red bulb?

Scott

Yes it is, I would have prefered the white bulb and fitted a red filter but it was cheap and I would have been a fool to turn it down. What I normally do is go to the spot where bunnies gather and get in position then I use my aldi night vision to spot a likely victim, put the night vision down then turn on the Ledray.

http://www.brightlites.co.uk/content/product_view.asp?cid=1&pid=180 this is the one i use at the minute. To be honest its a great torch and well useable upto the ranges you mention . You can buy a kit with everything in it for airgunning and the filter kits are on the site aswell . If you do fancy something from them Quote AIRGUN and mention you seen the code in airgunner and you will recieve 12.5% discount on your order.

ATB Eddie.

• 4 weeks later...