new FAC and SGC

Hi

Another positive vote for Essex old bill firearms licence office. Sent application on March 21. Got FAC and SGC on April 30. By my calculations, taking into account the recent bank holidays, thats 27 working days. Pretty good I'm sure you'll agree.

So have now got tickets for: A) 17HMR rifle B)Sound Mod for same C)22WMR Barrel D)Sound mod for same E)Semi-auto shotgun on FAC ticket F)Shotgun on SGC G)Various ammo.

So as you can see plenty to keep me going. The only thing that I require help from is the situation with the 22mag barrel. This is on there because I thought it was a reasonable idea to buy a Sako Quad in 17HMR and then another barrel option, in this case the 22WMR. FEO agreed this to carry out fox control. After FEO interview I thought it would state under my conditions that I had to purchase the Sako Quad, but it doesnt, it just says 17HMR rifle,but if I want to have a 22WMR capability I can only purchase a barrel, which is then put on the quad. I cannot buy another make of rifle on its own in 22mag. That is to say I can buy SAKO QUAD with those 2 barrels if I wish.

Should I buy SAKO in 17HMR giving me the option to get the 22WMR barrel to use also, or disregard the fact that I have 22mag altogether, allowing me to buy any make of 17HMR? By the way I dont have an issue with the fact that a barrel change means further zeroing.

Hope this isnt completely confusing. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks for reading

RAV

What does the certificate actually say?

Does it say .17HMR and 22WMR?

I would be surprised if it say .17HMR and .22WMR barrel as this would mean your limited in what you can actually buy. As you say it would pretty much limited you to a quad. If it says a .17HMR rifle and a .22WMR rifle you can buy which ever of those you fancy, not just a Sako Quad. When you make a FAC request your not asking for a specific rifle generally, eg a ruger 10/22 .22lr semi automatic, but a calibre of rifle so a .22LR or a .243 etc.

If you have .22LR and 17 HMR For example you could buy an anschutz .17HMR and a browning t bolt .22WMR if thats what you fancy.

Check the actually wording on your ticket.

Hope that help

ATB

Jonno

Hi

yeah it does say BARREL.............

My fault as I mentioned during interview that I am considering Sako Quad with 17HMR and 22WMR barrels.

So net result is I can buy ANY 17HMR................if I want the 22WMR I can only buy the barrel..............and to the best of my knowledge a 22WMR barrel will only fit on a Sako Quad.

Think this is what is called a catch 22 !!

Rav

It's called a variation, so ask for one when your ready, get another moderator while your at it. You must have to re-zero after changing barrels for the different ammo, so the quad is just not practical unless your using it for range shooting.

H