dogs fighting.......

i have 2 dogs.....one is 7 y/o (mostly grey/whip wi a bit of saluki in him) the other is a young upstart who is nearly 1 y/o(collie/grey/whipXbeddie/whip)...the older dog has always been the dominant one, they've always enjoyed rolling around play fighting wi each other but lately its becoming a lot more serious...i know the young dog is now trying to get the upper hand but its resulting in some fairly serious fights between the dogs...i know ye should let them sort out a "pecking" order but av had to step in a few times now to stop either dog gettin really hurt.....its not all the time but its gettin more frequent....there both male dogs....i've never really had this trouble as over the years its dog an bitch i've kept...so just wondered what anybody else whos had this kinda thing has done.....any advice would be great...thanks in advance for any replies....atb..chris...

thanks mate...its kinda goin beyond a hard nip now an there trying to do a bit of damage...av seen ma old dog "go for it" an know all the signs to look for...thing is the young one is startin to overpower the old one in size an strength an a think he knows it ....atb chris...

its the pecking order,,,,,,had same problem with my white/parti,,,,,and black dog,,,,,,,,,,my black dog would take white/parti,,,,,but white/parti,,,,,see,s himself as the as top dog,,,,,,they learned to except each other,,,in time

its strange the pecking order,,,,,cos if a fight broke out,,,,,,my fawn one ,,,,who just stays out off it,,,,,,would win hands down,,,due to him being the most powerful dog in my pack,,,and abit off alunatic,,,when his blood boiling hunting or racing :icon_eek:

i do step in when there is disgreement between them,,,,,as it show,s them iam the top dog ,,,not them :thumbs:

• Like 1

its the pecking order,,,,,,had same problem with my white/parti,,,,,and black dog,,,,,,,,,,my black dog would take white/parti,,,,,but white/parti,,,,,see,s himself as the as top dog,,,,,,they learned to except each other,,,in time

its strange the pecking order,,,,,cos if a fight broke out,,,,,,my fawn one ,,,,who just stays out off it,,,,,,would win hands down,,,due to him being the most powerful dog in my pack,,,and abit off alunatic,,,when his blood boiling hunting or racing :icon_eek:

i do step in when there is disgreement between them,,,,,as it show,s them iam the top dog ,,,not them :thumbs:

cheers mate...av had to step in a few times as theyve had a right good grip on each other........am quite happy to let them sort it out but at the same time a dont want either dog hurt or a permanent rift developing...atb..chris..

cheers mate...av had to step in a few times as theyve had a right good grip on each other........am quite happy to let them sort it out but at the same time a dont want either dog hurt or a permanent rift developing...atb..chris..

when u do step in make sure they both get the rough end off the stick,,,,,,and they know they both did wrong,,,,dont hold back,,,,,,,,,ur the top dog,,,,,,,there nothing worse than an unhappy kennel,,,,,dont hold back on the agrresser in the fight,,,,somtimes it,s both dogs,,,ull know ,,,,,,,remeber ur the master,,,,,,,,,,,for me its easy as mine are small whippets crosses,,,,,,disapline is easy,,,,,,but when two bull xs go at it,,,,,plls tend to hold back,,,,,diffacult when it comes to certain breeds,,,,but owners must follow threw,,,,or one must lev :thumbs:

Keep a close eye on it i found it the hard way just how bad it can spiral out of control and it happens all to quick.Ended up with a terrier who survived by a whisker and a huge vets bill shes insured so not too bad but still took months for her to recover properly.Then we had a scrap here between a whippet i had at the time and my saluki cross got to the stage everytime the whippet moved he was on him like a shot and throwing him all over the place.I personally would never leave them too it if it starts to get out of hand or your vets gonna have a posh new car and fancy holiday [bANNED TEXT].Id throw a bucket of water over the pair of them if they get out of hand my stepmother had to hit a great dane with a huge pot one time a fight broke out and she couldnt stop them and all over absoloutely nothing one got up walked over and set about the other dog both neutered as well.Two of mine dont show any serious signs so i have muzzle one and be on top of the other and watch her like a hawk my female lurcher just goes stiff and tail goes up a little.There will come a time where it may blow up if not sorted soon your older lad is far more experienced and will probably give young gun a good run for his money but you may end up with a dead dog and one seriously injured or both either dead or needing hundreds of pounds of vetinary treatment

Keep a close eye on it i found it the hard way just how bad it can spiral out of control and it happens all to quick.Ended up with a terrier who survived by a whisker and a huge vets bill shes insured so not too bad but still took months for her to recover properly.Then we had a scrap here between a whippet i had at the time and my saluki cross got to the stage everytime the whippet moved he was on him like a shot and throwing him all over the place.I personally would never leave them too it if it starts to get out of hand or your vets gonna have a posh new car and fancy holiday [bANNED TEXT].Id throw a bucket of water over the pair of them if they get out of hand my stepmother had to hit a great dane with a huge pot one time a fight broke out and she couldnt stop them and all over absoloutely nothing one got up walked over and set about the other dog both neutered as well.Two of mine dont show any serious signs so i have muzzle one and be on top of the other and watch her like a hawk my female lurcher just goes stiff and tail goes up a little.There will come a time where it may blow up if not sorted soon your older lad is far more experienced and will probably give young gun a good run for his money but you may end up with a dead dog and one seriously injured or both either dead or needing hundreds of pounds of vetinary treatment

:D

flatten both of them at the same time and dont let either up until they submit entirely. i would never kennel them together because you will end up with a dead dog. you must be the absolute top dog and be on top of the aggressor in a heartbeat the dog whisperer does it with a hard touch i would bully the pup or the older dog until they get the message. We home board dogs and they must bond with our pack. Our big dog runs to us the minute he is being pressurised by a new visitor. that dog then gets dropped and shown his place. im the gaffer in my pack i dont put up with bolshy behaviour and in minutes its sorted.we have seven dogs on the go today my 3 plus 2 terriers a lab and a mongrel who has no dog social skills all from different familys and im typing this in a totally calm environment. 0ver the past week i have had to flatten a terier and the mongrel. one of which is sleeping by my side the other is flat out by my feet.

It isnt magic its just a dog pack

flatten both of them at the same time and dont let either up until they submit entirely. i would never kennel them together because you will end up with a dead dog. you must be the absolute top dog and be on top of the aggressor in a heartbeat the dog whisperer does it with a hard touch i would bully the pup or the older dog until they get the message. We home board dogs and they must bond with our pack. Our big dog runs to us the minute he is being pressurised by a new visitor. that dog then gets dropped and shown his place. im the gaffer in my pack i dont put up with bolshy behaviour and in minutes its sorted.we have seven dogs on the go today my 3 plus 2 terriers a lab and a mongrel who has no dog social skills all from different familys and im typing this in a totally calm environment. 0ver the past week i have had to flatten a terier and the mongrel. one of which is sleeping by my side the other is flat out by my feet.

It isnt magic its just a dog pack

spot on :thumbs: , the only time where it very hard to stop fights, is with dogs that show no (threat signs) then you are fecked. Alot of bull breeds will just kick off with very little warning.Ihad bullmastiffs, staffs,pit, all were fine with good temps.One day was at a training club where most were bullmastiffs, club finshed and sitting+ talking having a coffee +with the dogs. I dont what happened but all hell broke loose, :wallbash: 4 bullmastiffs got stuck in, and trying to pull apart 8-10st dogs was a feckin nighmare :cry: never trust any dog 100% :yes: