went for a walk last night on new permission

saxonmaster

no worries mate, when is it you get your harris? ive got a male, there proper characters mate youll love it :thumbs:

about aug 10th mate if all goes well. ive said i would like a female and im first on the list but i think i wouldnt mind a big male either so not to bothered his males usually fly about 1.7 but i will have to see what he has once he can sex them. but just got told on friday at the hospital i need a urgent op on my spine and knee which will be in 4 to 6 weeks then 3 days hospital and 6 weeks min complete rest so im just a bit nervous in case it takes longer or op makes it worse which they said is 50/50 it could which will really pis* me off as ive re-done my whole garden to fit the mews, brought nearly all the kit and half built the mews so it might all be all a waste of time and money. but fingers crossed it will be fine and cant wait to get a hawk have some good land to fly it on and looking forward to the hunting season. (sorry if i went on) hahahaha

hahaha dont worry about waffling mate, im an expert lol, id be nervous to, yea its a waste of money if you cant ever do it, but your health is more important, and i wanted a male as i was told the males work more, my male is brilliant at following on and chasing, when i 1st got him he was 1lb 9oz but he didnt fly at anything he just looked at the quarry, so my mentor told me to gradually drop his weight till we found his hunting weight which is now 1lb 5.5oz, nearly everyone who has seen him fly reckon hes one of the quickest theyve seen, nearly got a duck in flight!!! good luck mate with ya back and knee and also when you get ya bird :thumbs:

no worries mate, when is it you get your harris? ive got a male, there proper characters mate youll love it :thumbs:

about aug 10th mate if all goes well. ive said i would like a female and im first on the list but i think i wouldnt mind a big male either so not to bothered his males usually fly about 1.7 but i will have to see what he has once he can sex them. but just got told on friday at the hospital i need a urgent op on my spine and knee which will be in 4 to 6 weeks then 3 days hospital and 6 weeks min complete rest so im just a bit nervous in case it takes longer or op makes it worse which they said is 50/50 it could which will really pis* me off as ive re-done my whole garden to fit the mews, brought nearly all the kit and half built the mews so it might all be all a waste of time and money. but fingers crossed it will be fine and cant wait to get a hawk have some good land to fly it on and looking forward to the hunting season. (sorry if i went on) hahahaha

hahaha dont worry about waffling mate, im an expert lol, id be nervous to, yea its a waste of money if you cant ever do it, but your health is more important, and i wanted a male as i was told the males work more, my male is brilliant at following on and chasing, when i 1st got him he was 1lb 9oz but he didnt fly at anything he just looked at the quarry, so my mentor told me to gradually drop his weight till we found his hunting weight which is now 1lb 5.5oz, nearly everyone who has seen him fly reckon hes one of the quickest theyve seen, nearly got a duck in flight!!! good luck mate with ya back and knee and also when you get ya bird :thumbs:

cheers mate i bet that was good to watch it flying at the duck :thumbs: a lot of people say if you get a good male they are so much better than a female faster, more agile and just all round better to work with. have you ever had a female if so do you think there is a difference in manning and training and so on. again ive heard some times you have to hold the males back a little but a pain to train or do you think its just every bird is different and its just down to luck what attitude you get with the bird. you got any photos of your bird mate would be nice to see them? its nice to hear people say good things about your bird i bet. feel free to pm photos if you dont want to put them on the open forum :thumbs:

cheers mate i bet that was good to watch it flying at the duck :thumbs: a lot of people say if you get a good male they are so much better than a female faster, more agile and just all round better to work with. have you ever had a female if so do you think there is a difference in manning and training and so on. again ive heard some times you have to hold the males back a little but a pain to train or do you think its just every bird is different and its just down to luck what attitude you get with the bird. you got any photos of your bird mate would be nice to see them? its nice to hear people say good things about your bird i bet. feel free to pm photos if you dont want to put them on the open forum :thumbs:

yea mate it was good watching him have a go, he got very close aswell i bet he was only half a foot from the ducks back end, gutted he didnt get it, i wouldnt say there better than females, there both equally good at different things, ie my male is great through the trees and following on where as my mates female doesnt like following on she prefers flying off the glove or soaring. im unsure as to why people would say a male is a pain? i got mine at 26 weeks old and after 3 weeks he was flying to me on the creance at well over 100ft and after 5 weeks i let him fly free for the 1st time, even though i had a transmitter on him it was still nerve racking knowing that at any time he could fly off, but i think it helped because i was flying him every day and we had built up a strong bond, i wouldnt swap him for the world, there are some pics on here mate either check my gallery or go to the gallery page and youll see him on there. what was you looking at a male or female? just out of curiosity?

yea mate it was good watching him have a go, he got very close aswell i bet he was only half a foot from the ducks back end, gutted he didnt get it, i wouldnt say there better than females, there both equally good at different things, ie my male is great through the trees and following on where as my mates female doesnt like following on she prefers flying off the glove or soaring. im unsure as to why people would say a male is a pain? i got mine at 26 weeks old and after 3 weeks he was flying to me on the creance at well over 100ft and after 5 weeks i let him fly free for the 1st time, even though i had a transmitter on him it was still nerve racking knowing that at any time he could fly off, but i think it helped because i was flying him every day and we had built up a strong bond, i wouldnt swap him for the world, there are some pics on here mate either check my gallery or go to the gallery page and youll see him on there. what was you looking at a male or female? just out of curiosity?

i have asked for a female but the more i talk to people the more i fancy a male there is plenty of fur and feather on the permissions i have so it will be hunting a varied quarry so what im saying i suppose i want an all rounder or as near as poss to an all rounder

like i said mate i wouldnt swap my male for anything, my mate has had 2 females and they both prefered going after feather, and usually not even registering a bunny. dont know if thats luck of the draw or wether females tend to prefer feather, as ive never had a female i cant realy comment, i hope you do get a bird as it sounds like youve done your homework and spent the money on its up keep so heres hoping everything health wise turns out ok :thumbs:

like i said mate i wouldnt swap my male for anything, my mate has had 2 females and they both prefered going after feather, and usually not even registering a bunny. dont know if thats luck of the draw or wether females tend to prefer feather, as ive never had a female i cant realy comment, i hope you do get a bird as it sounds like youve done your homework and spent the money on its up keep so heres hoping everything health wise turns out ok :thumbs:

thank you mate i will keep you posted how the bird comes along ive decided to go ahead to finish building the mews all the wood is being delivered tomorrow :thumbs: