whats best dog ye seen perform.....

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think a lot more lads out there could have better dogs than they have, i know i could, i have a decent'ish bitch that wants more, needs more, and is capable of doing more, she is switched on, intell

This is one of those topics were you everybody has a different opinion on what constitutes a good/great dog....Its all relative to the people you know and the circles you run in....I've seen and owned

The bitch has probably killed her share of roe but I believe 700 is an exageration to inflate MOO'S bigger than average ego, either that or he cannot count.

Posted Images

THE BIGGER STUFF HAS NEVER REALLY BEEN MY THING. DONT GET ME WRONG IVE DONE IT,BUT THE NOISE AS WELL AS A HUMANE DISPATCH IN LAMP LIGHT OR NONE AT ALL IS NOT FOR ME & IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE BALL OR WORKING WITH AN ANIMAL THAT KNEW THE GAME & TOOK A PROPER KNECK HOLD YOU ENDED UP WITH A WHOLE LOT OF UNSALEABLE MEAT THAT A GAME DEALER WOULD NOT ENTERTAIN.& THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON TO JUSTIFY TAKING NUMBERS ON A REGULAR BASIS WAS FINANCIAL GAIN. THE DOG BELOW WAS THE BEST I SAW AT THE GAME & 1 NIGHT WE TOOK 6 WITH HIM & RUNNING AROUND & CARRYING THEM OVER MY SHOULDERS TO A SUITABLE PICK UP POINT AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBILE WAS NO EASY SHIFT. THAT WAS THE MAIN DIFFERENCE TO ME AS YOU WERE TAKING YOUR HOBBY & PASSION & ALLOWING IT TO TURN IN TO A FINANCIAL SITUATION, ALTHOUGH I REALISE UNEMPLOYMENT ETC IN THE 80`s MADE IT SUCH FOR MANY PEOPLE. GETTING THE MOTIVATION TO GET YOURSELF OUT THERE ON A REGULAR BASIS TO PUT THE MILES & TIME IN ISNT ALWAYS EASY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO MAKE ANYTHING OF A DOG YOU MUST DO IT & THAT RED COLOURED REMINDER OF A BILL SITTING ON THE MANTLEPIECE WAS MOTIVATION ENOUGH. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THOSE OUT THERE MAKING CLAIMS OF TAKING RIDICULOUS NUMBERS OF GAME & THESE DAYS I FIND IT BETTER TO JUST PRETEND YOU NEVER HEARD SUCH NONSENSE & IGNORE THEM OR SIMPLY WALK AWAY, BEFORE ALLOWING THEM TO WASTE ANYMORE OF YOUR TIME :thumbs:IMG_0007-1-1.jpg

• Like 1

I can assure you Tomo its Not me, and I dont really appreciate being dragged off my sun lounger to come and post on here lol but I got a text telling me my name was being dragged in. Steve you have a pm, not sure why your bringing me in to this, but you need to get your facts straight. I wouldnt post the drivel that baw posts and Im a huge fan of saluki x so your barking right up the wrong tree. Why dont youse switch off your comps and get outside and enjoy the sunshine its not often we get weather like this up here! be better doing that than arguing like silly wee kids on here! anyone who wants to drag my name into their silly squabbles think twice! If I had something I wanted to say on any of these topics I would, and I dont so leave me out of it please. cheers tomo hope you and yours are well.

oh.... so this is you. :laugh: cheers hilost,, all the best TOMO :thumbs:

THE BIGGER STUFF HAS NEVER REALLY BEEN MY THING. DONT GET ME WRONG IVE DONE IT,BUT THE NOISE AS WELL AS A HUMANE DISPATCH IN LAMP LIGHT OR NONE AT ALL IS NOT FOR ME & IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE BALL OR WORKING WITH AN ANIMAL THAT KNEW THE GAME & TOOK A PROPER KNECK HOLD YOU ENDED UP WITH A WHOLE LOT OF UNSALEABLE MEAT THAT A GAME DEALER WOULD NOT ENTERTAIN.& THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON TO JUSTIFY TAKING NUMBERS ON A REGULAR BASIS WAS FINANCIAL GAIN. THE DOG BELOW WAS THE BEST I SAW AT THE GAME & 1 NIGHT WE TOOK 6 WITH HIM & RUNNING AROUND & CARRYING THEM OVER MY SHOULDERS TO A SUITABLE PICK UP POINT AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBILE WAS NO EASY SHIFT. THAT WAS THE MAIN DIFFERENCE TO ME AS YOU WERE TAKING YOUR HOBBY & PASSION & ALLOWING IT TO TURN IN TO A FINANCIAL SITUATION, ALTHOUGH I REALISE UNEMPLOYMENT ETC IN THE 80`s MADE IT SUCH FOR MANY PEOPLE. GETTING THE MOTIVATION TO GET YOURSELF OUT THERE ON A REGULAR BASIS TO PUT THE MILES & TIME IN ISNT ALWAYS EASY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO MAKE ANYTHING OF A DOG YOU MUST DO IT & THAT RED COLOURED REMINDER OF A BILL SITTING ON THE MANTLEPIECE WAS MOTIVATION ENOUGH. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THOSE OUT THERE MAKING CLAIMS OF TAKING RIDICULOUS NUMBERS OF GAME & THESE DAYS I FIND IT BETTER TO JUST PRETEND YOU NEVER HEARD SUCH NONSENSE & IGNORE THEM OR SIMPLY WALK AWAY, BEFORE ALLOWING THEM TO WASTE ANYMORE OF YOUR TIME :thumbs:IMG_0007-1-1.jpg

Good post mate.

What i always find strange is the need for some of those that do it, or say they do it, to try to convince a bunch of total strangers (who they profess to look down on) on the internet of their achievements?

Just don't get it.

• Like 3

well im sure most of us have seen a dog or dogs that when ye see them graft ye know that they are summat special.......

what is the best ye have seen??? dont have to been yer own dog??

:thumbs:

Saw some real grafters during the mining strike capable of filling the van as many days or nights of the week as needed was lucky enough to run one that never was shown up could and did kill everything everywhere its suprising what hard times brings about :thumbs:

nice dog that optimus, was that the dog that went over julie? looks a grand sort :thumbsup:

YEAH I BRED HIM TO JULIES MOTHER. OWNER OF MOTHER WASNT WELCOME AT THE SIRES OWNERS HOUSE. DONE DEAL FOR THE BREEDING ON THE SUNDAY, THEN I TOOK HER FOR A PRE MATE TEST ON THE MONDAY MORNING & TEST CAME BACK SHE HAD OVULATED, SO TOOK HER TO BE MATED ON THE MONDAY NIGHT. :thumbs:

Good post mate.

What i always find strange is the need for some of those that do it, or say they do it, to try to convince a bunch of total strangers (who they profess to look down on) on the internet of their achievements?

Just don't get it.

IDEATION "SELF SPOKEN RESPECT IS NO RESPECT" MATE :thumbs:

Moo just leave it you no yourself what your dog has done.

Where evere there is a good dog whats took a large amount of quarry there will allways be jealous dog men, just the way the game is these days.

:yes: very true mate theres always someone there to shoot you down in flames if you have a good dog so better keepin your mouth shut. some very jealous people on this thread :icon_eek: why be green eyed over what someone else has got in their yard? :sick:

• Like 1