Mystery Red/Black Fox

Guest john5

Nevermind her black stripe what about the cubs? You can see her bloody udders :thumbdown:

hopefully they will starve to death or he may shoot them when they come looking for mummy and that will be the end to them

not everyone has sympathy for vermin or are you a friend of Bill Oddie :tongue2:

• Like 1

Well done bud. I think you'll find anyone with owt to say is more of a "sportsman" rather than and vermin controller.

I don't care how dependent cubs are. The fact is your dependent on a living provided by the stock mr and mrs fox prey on.

Most that shoot have nothing to protect and therefore don't appreciate the losses involved, these are the people that should join a gun club and stay there.

I believe in the sporting chance, but shooting foxs for sport is pritty pants in my book.

Well done with the vermin control.

As you can see from the picture we shot a few foxes the other night in Wales. One of the foxes (4th from right) had a black stripe along its back (but lacking the black shoulders like a cross fox would have). Also another (the 2nd from the right) had small rounded ears but seemed to large to be a pup. Any ideas?

Obviously we know foxes often turn black due as they age (like our hair going grey). The rounded ears are probably just a natural mutation. However, mutations and variety becomes especially common in an environment full of easy food (such as lambing/chicken farms/towns full of rubbish) where it doesn't matter if any foxes differ from the rest or stick out like a sore thumb.

On a bit of a tangent: In Russia, geneticists have domesticated foxes (over a period of 30 years) in a bid to learn more about domestication. After several generations they noticed patched/spotted/brighter/darker fur, shorter tails, shorter muzzles, whining and barking. All these came about 'naturally' without the intention of the geneticists. Their new domesticated easy life, meant they no longer needed to be uniform any more and variety became common.

To cut a long story short, if there are plenty of odd looking ones about, it's probably because life is too easy for the population near you. Means you have a good farm :thumbs: and there are plenty of targets for you :gunsmilie:

Edited by Tomm Parr
  • Like 1
Guest john5

As you can see from the picture we shot a few foxes the other night in Wales. One of the foxes (4th from right) had a black stripe along its back (but lacking the black shoulders like a cross fox would have). Also another (the 2nd from the right) had small rounded ears but seemed to large to be a pup. Any ideas?

Obviously we know foxes often turn black due as they age (like our hair going grey). The rounded ears are probably just a natural mutation. However, mutations and variety becomes especially common in an environment full of easy food (such as lambing/chicken farms/towns full of rubbish) where it doesn't matter if any foxes differ from the rest or stick out like a sore thumb.

On a bit of a tangent: In Russia, geneticists have domesticated foxes (over a period of 30 years) in a bid to learn more about domestication. After several generations they noticed patched/spotted/brighter/darker fur, shorter tails, shorter muzzles, whining and barking. All these came about 'naturally' without the intention of the geneticists. Their new domesticated easy life, meant they no longer needed to be uniform any more and variety became common.

To cut a long story short, if there are plenty of odd looking ones about, it's probably because life is too easy for the population near you. Means you have a good farm :thumbs: and there are plenty of targets for you :gunsmilie:

i shoot a lot of foxes between Halifax and Leeds and the variations i am seeing is quite alarming ,big bodies and short legs ,i have even shot a half sider as in black one side and normal the other and thought at first it had been near some oil

also lots are turning up with mange , opperation scars left by the Do Gooders paying for them to be spayed by vets

there are far too many now and my oppinion is a dead fox is a good fox and too many people have the oppinion they are just sport ,all very well when they are not dependant on the damage caused by mr Raynard

• Like 1

Nevermind her black stripe what about the cubs? You can see her bloody udders :thumbdown:

hopefully they will starve to death or he may shoot them when they come looking for mummy and that will be the end to them

not everyone has sympathy for vermin or are you a friend of Bill Oddie :tongue2:

Vermin yes. What about a bit of respect for your quarry, you have to admire the fox as a hunter. With your attitude all fieldsports are doomed. If thats your opinion (to which you are entitled) you'd do better keeping it to yourself for all our sakes.

Happy hunting otherwise.

• Like 1
Guest john5

Vermin yes. What about a bit of respect for your quarry, you have to admire the fox as a hunter. With your attitude all fieldsports are doomed. If thats your opinion (to which you are entitled) you'd do better keeping it to yourself for all our sakes.

Happy hunting otherwise.

likewise others would be better keeping thier oppinions to themselves too , foxes are not just post card creatures as of yet and need controling vigerously

same as rats i have little feeling or respect when they are commiting thousans of pounds worth of damage and people having lefty ideas and oppinions of them

kill the fooking things and bring them back to sensible numbers :feck:

Happy hunting otherwise.

likewise others would be better keeping thier oppinions to themselves too , foxes are not just post card creatures as of yet and need controling vigerously

same as rats i have little feeling or respect when they are commiting thousans of pounds worth of damage and people having lefty ideas and oppinions of them

kill the fooking things and bring them back to sensible numbers :feck:

:notworthy::thumbs::toast: