Very new to this ............so hopefully will benefit from your experience.

Have used an air rifle until few months ago fitted with Hawke 3-9x50. Thought it was pretty good for 30 yard pigeons etc....

But NOW...............

ready to get new .17HMR (NOT SURE MAKE/MODEL YET) and have set budget at £300 FOR THE SCOPE

Have seen Hawke HK4010 6-24X56 MILDOT and Hawke HK4014 8-32X56 MILDOT at local shop for £262 and £287 respectively.

Any good? Or should I spend the 300 quid on another make/model ?

Regards

Rav

• 2 months later...

Very new to this ............so hopefully will benefit from your experience.

Have used an air rifle until few months ago fitted with Hawke 3-9x50. Thought it was pretty good for 30 yard pigeons etc....

But NOW...............

ready to get new .17HMR (NOT SURE MAKE/MODEL YET) and have set budget at £300 FOR THE SCOPE

Have seen Hawke HK4010 6-24X56 MILDOT and Hawke HK4014 8-32X56 MILDOT at local shop for £262 and £287 respectively.

Any good? Or should I spend the 300 quid on another make/model ?

Regards

Rav

i have a hawke sidewinder 30 4x16-50 and it is on my 223 have shot coke tins out to 500 yards and use it for lamping class scope far ahead of your 3x9-50 as i have one as well

• 3 weeks later...

As long as you can see a bit further than the HMR can shoot and it holds zero, then that's it.

Anything that starts 8x and goes upwards is TOO high for me, but scopes and mag and reticules get VERY personal.

Plenty of choice for the HMR, actually a VAST choice up to £300, and absolutely no need to spend that much either, but if you can/want to, then why not! :thumbs:

PS

I'm guessing you already have a scope though as this goes back to April, what did you end up with?

Edited by Deker