finding right dog

hi guys whats your oppinion on having a jrt without his tale docked, i got my eye on a cracking pup which still has a full tale but its from good working stock.i suppose if the dog has god lines behind it thats all that counts,all the best pork chop :thumbs:

wouldnt have a jrt especialy one with a long curly tail, youd look as if your walking your nans dog :laugh:

thats my opinion anyway. :thumbs:

And looks are all that matter right?

Its working pedigree is all that matters, the length of a terriers tail really doesnt make any difference. This season just gone I had a 5+ hour dig to a friends border/lakey dog that has a full tail and its tail knew no different, this dog works thick cover better than any terrier I have seen and still its tail is just fine. You may have tail damage issues but its far more common in spaniels than terriers.

We all have the image of the 'perfect' terrier in our heads but its a dogs working ancestory that matters not what it looks like.

wouldnt have a jrt especialy one with a long curly tail, youd look as if your walking your nans dog :laugh:

Its working pedigree is all that matters, the length of a terriers tail really doesnt make any difference. This season just gone I had a 5+ hour dig to a friends border/lakey dog that has a full tail and its tail knew no different, this dog works thick cover better than any terrier I have seen and still its tail is just fine. You may have tail damage issues but its far more common in spaniels than terriers.

We all have the image of the 'perfect' terrier in our heads but its a dogs working ancestory that matters not what it looks like.

your saying that to me

mate i got the uglyest fukin terrier youl see in my kennel but by f**k she works dug to her at 9 months and her drive is unbelievable, i dont give a f**k what they look like but if i turned up for a dig with a jrt with a long tail the lads would have a f*****g field day :laugh:

im just not a jrt man, the only good ones about are the ones with laky and bull in them

your saying that to me

mate i got the uglyest fukin terrier youl see in my kennel but by f**k she works dug to her at 9 months and her drive is unbelievable, i dont give a f**k what they look like but if i turned up for a dig with a jrt with a long tail the lads would have a f*****g field day :laugh:

im just not a jrt man, the only good ones about are the ones with laky and bull in them

:snack:

your saying that to me

Would the piss taking really matter to you if the russell turned out to be the best earthdog you had? Fair enough, we all have types we dont like but lets face it, if a dog grafts it shouldnt matter what it looks like. I dont get the feeling of true admiration for a picture perfect fell type thats a coward but I damn sure do for a game little tyke no matter what it looks like or its breeding!

• Like 1

your saying that to me

Would the piss taking really matter to you if the russell turned out to be the best earthdog you had? Fair enough, we all have types we dont like but lets face it, if a dog grafts it shouldnt matter what it looks like. I dont get the feeling of true admiration for a picture perfect fell type thats a coward but I damn sure do for a game little tyke no matter what it looks like or its breeding!

I no what your saying mate aslong as the dog gratfts that is all that matters, and i dont disslike jrt and im not disrespecting lads that own them im just not intrested in owning one, iv always dug to patterdales and lakelands and thats what il carry on doing, got no need to go and get anything else in. :thumbs:

Mate I wouldn't worry. I have a long legged jrt with a full tail. it ocasionally gets cut right on the tip but wouldn't swap her for any dog with a docked tail. She is the most game dog I know of :thumbs:

A good working dog is a good working dog. It's not the size of the tail it's how well works that matters! :toast:

Sam