Weald and Downland Museum pictures

My grand -children love this place . Its full of rescued old buildings and country artifacts .

Fullfilling my school holiday duty of taking them out for the day was a pleasure . Ok, there was a minor incident when my grand-daughter became engaged in a skirmish with an obnoxious little boy at the pondside. This resulted in the mouthy brat getting more than he bargained for from aforementioned grand-daughter and me having to wade out to retrieve his base-ball cap from the pond to placate his parents ...

Anyway ,If you like country crafts and old buildings its a great place to visit .

post-13773-0-58149900-1303726832_thumb.jpg

A Hampshire strawberry wagon.

Edited by comanche

post-13773-0-04042400-1303727195_thumb.jpg

Middle grandchild demonstrating the en-suite lavatorial facilities of a Wealden manor house .

post-13773-0-58185900-1303727251_thumb.jpg

The little jettied cubicle overhanging on the left hand side of the building is the the toilet .

Presumably they put a barrow underneath . :D

Edited by comanche

Its a great place. Im in the process of building a shepherds hut from scratch and went there to take pictures and measurements etc. I love the old buildings, im a chippy by trade but some of the skill in them, especially considering there were no power tools, is astounding!

Its a great place. Im in the process of building a shepherds hut from scratch and went there to take pictures and measurements etc. I love the old buildings, im a chippy by trade but some of the skill in them, especially considering there were no power tools, is astounding!

Those wheeled shepherd's huts have something about them . Very Thomas Hardy but probably not as romantic for the poor old guys who used em everyday.

They certainly knew a bit about construction and economy with materials . And their woodland husbandry was miles of what we practice today .

Strange question -but are you the tyla with an inflatable canoe ?. :thumbs:

Those wheeled shepherd's huts have something about them . Very Thomas Hardy but probably not as romantic for the poor old guys who used em everyday.

They certainly knew a bit about construction and economy with materials . And their woodland husbandry was miles of what we practice today .

That i am, i thought i recognised your dog in the other pictures! Small world isnt it?

That i am, i thought i recognised your dog in the other pictures! Small world isnt it?

I'm convinced that West Sussex is the centre of the universe and that civilized man evolved in Bognor rather than Africa :D . Its not a big river -we'll meet . All the best :thumbs:

I'm convinced that West Sussex is the centre of the universe and that civilized man evolved in Bognor rather than Africa :D . Its not a big river -we'll meet . All the best :thumbs:

Looking forward to it, see you around :thumbs: