couple of shoots -

hi all,

well this will be a quick. squeezing two days worth of shoots into one post as i only bagged 3 rabbits overall.

we started early in the morning and went to are local pigeon shooting permission, we had a quick walk round and didnt see much. soon people started moaning (as usual) and we decided not to bother staying as it wasnt worth the hassle. :thumbdown:

as we were packing up we saw the owner and he came over and told us we were welcome to use his other land :thumbs: permission extened :)

we had a quick walk around and didnt see much, the terrain was quite hard to walk over and we decided to head for a pest control job at a house. we had a couple of pigeon's and after an hour we set off again, now for our bunnie permission.

half hour later we had arrived.after a quick walk round i had seen a bunnie i have been trying to get for the last week and i sat off in the long grass. i had tried this before with that bunnie with no luck so i had no high hopes of success. 20 minutes in, half way through a cig and answering a text with my other hand, i look up and see him in zero range.

i quickly dropped both cig, and phone and took aim. thwack! great shot. :thumbs:

i then made my way up the field where i saw another bunnie, the grass was long, allowing me to get close enough without spooking the bunnie. as i got in zero range and in the prone position, the bunnie stood up on its back legs and into sight. i released the shot and another bunnie for the pot! :toast:

no luck for the rest of the day.

31b02c40.jpg

-------------------------------------

as for today, we decided to go for a quick couple of hours shooting at the bunnie permission, it was unexpectidly dead today, but we cracked on anyway. after two hours we were walking along, when my mate, scott, jumped a fence. it must have spooked a bunnie because it ran into range, i had a fence pole in front of me and decided to take a kneeling supported stance. pulled the trigger and thwack! finally a bunnie.

we didnt see much else out so we set off home.

pretty standard post.

hope it was an enjoyable read.

atb

alex

• Like 1