Jill not looking well

You said she had white bits in her poo....may be a tapeworm infestation??? Too early in the year for fly eggs, so may well be the tapeworm larvae segments being excreted. Worm infestation can cause lethargy, undereating/overeating and noticable changes in normal behaviour amongst other symptoms.

Worming her for flatworms may be a good idea, but the others would need a dose too, otherwise the parasitic cycle will continue if the others have come into contact with the larvae inadvertently.

Again, best of luck.

There is a spot on treatment (simular to frontline for dogs and cats) made by a company called beaphar. It covers all parasites (worms, ticks, fleas etc) and is made specifically for rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets and rats. It contains ivermectin as the active ingredient. I get mine from a pet store called jollyes but iv seen it on ebay before. Even if its not the problem its still worth doing 1 to rule it out and 2 to keep on top of the things. :thumbs:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye very good mate! let the wee thing die cause you don`t want to hand over cash to the vet,, genius!!!,, get rid oh yer animals mate !incase they really get hurt,, and suffer due to your pockets bein

he's posted on here for some advice, last time i went to a vet for worming tablets they wanted £26 to check the dog was o.k before they would give me some ! never in 30 yrs have i had a problem wormi

superfurryanimal' timestamp='1303427288' post='2024763'] 'The one' timestamp='1303425038' post='2024720'] Instead of posting on here you should have phoned the vets small animals like ferrets go dow

You said she had white bits in her poo....may be a tapeworm infestation??? Too early in the year for fly eggs, so may well be the tapeworm larvae segments being excreted. Worm infestation can cause lethargy, undereating/overeating and noticable changes in normal behaviour amongst other symptoms.

Worming her for flatworms may be a good idea, but the others would need a dose too, otherwise the parasitic cycle will continue if the others have come into contact with the larvae inadvertently.

Again, best of luck.

There is a spot on treatment (simular to frontline for dogs and cats) made by a company called beaphar. It covers all parasites (worms, ticks, fleas etc) and is made specifically for rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets and rats. It contains ivermectin as the active ingredient. I get mine from a pet store called jollyes but iv seen it on ebay before. Even if its not the problem its still worth doing 1 to rule it out and 2 to keep on top of the things. :thumbs:

Hi there, unfortunately ivermectin does not kill tapeworms and it's not that great for fleas either. The Beaphar stuff is great for ticks, mites and roundworms though! Fleas might be the culprits for spreading the tapeworm to the ferret, so treatment specifically for both fleas and tapeworms is the best bet. Parasites really are horrible things.... :sick:

I never knew that. What can be bought off the shelf to kill of fleas and tapeworms then?

Hi,

I do not know of any non-veterinary licensed products that can be shelf bought for flea and/or tapeworm treatment for ferrets. Frontline spray for cats can be purchased from the vets for flea treatment in ferrets. As for the tapeworms, a vet would need to prescribe the medication. Adult tapeworms and tapeworm larvae need different drugs/chemicals to kill them off.

hold it firmly in one hand and give it a quick strike with a cosh.

Ferret is out its misery, you dont have to waste a heap of money on a ten pound ferret and you can offer a home to one of the countless numbers of HEALTHY working jills looking for a home this time of year.

a ferret is a working mans toll. look after them well but if they cant or wont carry out their task any longer :bye:

every time someone puts a post on with a problem with their dog your answer is a bullet, now someone has a problem with a ferret and your answer is to cosh it......what a first class cock! :thumbdown:

You must have a garden full of buried animals that had potential but was killed because you didn't have the care or respect for your animals to sort out minor problems or issues.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Ferret is out its misery, you dont have to waste a heap of money on a ten pound ferret and you can offer a home to one of the countless numbers of HEALTHY working jills looking for a home this time of year.

a ferret is a working mans toll. look after them well but if they cant or wont carry out their task any longer :bye:

every time someone puts a post on with a problem with their dog your answer is a bullet, now someone has a problem with a ferret and your answer is to cosh it......what a first class cock! :thumbdown:

You must have a garden full of buried animals that had potential but was killed because you didn't have the care or respect for your animals to sort out minor problems or issues.

Rob youve got him all wrong mate. He isnt a cock at all, hese a c**t! Lol!

:laugh::laugh: sorry, my mistake

:laugh::laugh: sorry, my mistake

Not your fault rob, its an easy one to make! Lol! :thumbs:

apparrently its not an easy mistake to make,,,,,,,a cock goes inside a cu*t,,,,,one is a hole and one is sausage shaped,,,,,,,,but having said that,,,the geezer does qualify for both of those names mentioned,,,,,,,like i said earlier in this thread,baldocks is a,first class fukin prick mate..