Jill not looking well

totally agree obby,,,,,,,coursers just an idiot,,,,the blokes ferret has probably run its little heart out for him,,now its ill he owes it at least the effort of trying to get it better,,,,,,,,,not like bollocks coursers idea ,,yea f**k it just knock it on the head its only a ten pound ferret,,,,wat an idiot,,

• Like 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye very good mate! let the wee thing die cause you don`t want to hand over cash to the vet,, genius!!!,, get rid oh yer animals mate !incase they really get hurt,, and suffer due to your pockets bein

he's posted on here for some advice, last time i went to a vet for worming tablets they wanted £26 to check the dog was o.k before they would give me some ! never in 30 yrs have i had a problem wormi

superfurryanimal' timestamp='1303427288' post='2024763'] 'The one' timestamp='1303425038' post='2024720'] Instead of posting on here you should have phoned the vets small animals like ferrets go dow

Last summer in the afternoons I had a few go over with the heat run the cold tap in this situation and stick them under it brings them round instantley much beter than a cosh you knob jockey , and means they can still graft the next season ,

cold water baths can also put them into shock mate :thumbs: a cool area and regular syringed (if they wont drink) water should sort them

superfurryanimal' timestamp='1303427288' post='2024763']

'The one' timestamp='1303425038' post='2024720']

Instead of posting on here you should have phoned the vets small animals like ferrets go down hill so quickly and i dont think theres a qualified vet on here ?.

he's posted on here for some advice, last time i went to a vet for worming tablets they wanted £26 to check the dog was o.k before they would give me some ! never in 30 yrs have i had a problem worming dogs ! i'd rather blow torch my nipples off than give my money to rip off vets ! if i thought they were in this trade for the best of animals then i would be the first to take they're advice ! but just look around they're car parks ! some of those bmw's, landrovers and mercedies have to be paid by someone ! :wallbash:

Its your choice to keep animals so you have to expect to put your hand in your pocket from time to time

you've got me thinking ? do you think i should take out a pet plan ? :blink:

hold it firmly in one hand and give it a quick strike with a cosh.

Ferret is out its misery, you dont have to waste a heap of money on a ten pound ferret and you can offer a home to one of the countless numbers of HEALTHY working jills looking for a home this time of year.

a ferret is a working mans toll. look after them well but if they cant or wont carry out their task any longer :bye:

really excellent advice.

she recovered the next day thanks.

wonder how many countless ferrets you've 'put out of their misery', for no good cause.

just to update. The jill is not yet 1 year old, first time in heat.

Not yet had her jill jabbed, as i can't find a vasec hob to stud her. (will be having her jabbed in the upcoming weeks.)

She was poorly for the one day, stayed inside over night, she had milk and honey and some grub.

Much better the next morning, bright and playful as normal.

She is now in the hutch with her sister and they are both fine.

Thanks everyone for the concern.

Adam.

sounds like its been left in season too long not much hope for it now sorry

I suppose it's the time of year to jump on the bandwagon, "if a jill is poorly it's because she's been left in season".:no:

Ferrets can turn poorly for a number of different reasons, this time it sounds like the jill has been exposed to too much heat

thankfully she's made a full recovery so hopefully a lesson learned.

excellent news mate,,,good job you didnt cosh the poor little bugger over the nut,,,,,makes you wonder how many times that idiot has coshed his pets over the head needlessly,,,,,next time hes ill,,lets hope the wife comes n coshes him over the head,,,,,at least it will end her misery,,if it dont end his lol :thumbs: ,atb dave

Another quick update.

The morning after it was ill, i put her back with her sister, and she did a green and black pee and poo,with little white bits in it. does anyone know what time means??

she was moving much better, she is drinking, but i am not sure how much. She seems like she has thinned out, and i have not seen her eating.

today i was with her again, and she has been abit weak again, not as bad as before, but she just moves around like she is really tired.

The hobs cage is very close and they can see eachother, and smell eachother from there. Could have have an effect on her?

thanks

Get her seperated again mate. If its a virus you dont want her passing it on to her sister. Make sure she has water. As for feeding: try breaking an egg into a bowl for her to lap up, its better than nothing. Also try blending a bit of rabbit (especially the offal) into a paste and put that in a bowl for her.

Get her seperated again mate. If its a virus you dont want her passing it on to her sister. Make sure she has water. As for feeding: try breaking an egg into a bowl for her to lap up, its better than nothing. Also try blending a bit of rabbit (especially the offal) into a paste and put that in a bowl for her.

Its funny how at the moment i have no eggs or rabbit! I am going out shopping later, but for now i put some milk in her bowl and put abit of kibble in it, she ate abit of that. I guess it was abit hard for her before.

hold it firmly in one hand and give it a quick strike with a cosh.

Ferret is out its misery, you dont have to waste a heap of money on a ten pound ferret and you can offer a home to one of the countless numbers of HEALTHY working jills looking for a home this time of year.

a ferret is a working mans toll. look after them well but if they cant or wont carry out their task any longer :bye:

one word t***er

Its funny how at the moment i have no eggs or rabbit! I am going out shopping later, but for now i put some milk in her bowl and put abit of kibble in it, she ate abit of that. I guess it was abit hard for her before.

glad she turned out o.k mate a.t.b sfa