Ruger m77 22-250

Hi all after some advice. Visited my gun shop today which is normally a weekly occurance since my FAC came through. Been looking for a Tikka t3 in .223 for foxes however I think they may be a bit out my price range right at the minute. Jimmy today pointed me to a Ruger m77 in 22-250 with harris bipod,sling and bushnell scope, he is going to screw cut it and fit a tidy second hand over barrel mod to it for £300?? Yes I know its an oldish gun however all I want for now is something to drop the odd fox and show bullet useage to my feo to try and speed up my ticket being open.Is it a bargain at this price for a full fox set up or should I avoid and save the money? any advice welcome

Hi all after some advice. Visited my gun shop today which is normally a weekly occurance since my FAC came through. Been looking for a Tikka t3 in .223 for foxes however I think they may be a bit out my price range right at the minute. Jimmy today pointed me to a Ruger m77 in 22-250 with harris bipod,sling and bushnell scope, he is going to screw cut it and fit a tidy second hand over barrel mod to it for £300?? Yes I know its an oldish gun however all I want for now is something to drop the odd fox and show bullet useage to my feo to try and speed up my ticket being open.Is it a bargain at this price for a full fox set up or should I avoid and save the money? any advice welcome

Sounds OK to me, The only 'bother' with Ruger rifles is that they have a dedicated Scope Mount system that is really 'DEDICATED' that being you have to use Ruger mounts,

and if you are 'Picky' (Like Me) a Leupold VX3 30MM LRT won't fit on the mounts you get with it?? Also the 22-250 is a hot round, the barrel is only good for 2,000 rounds.

But after that I have had several Ruger rifle's and none of them have been 'BAD'.

AndyF

a mate of mine from wiltshire has one and it is deadly accurate. as the guy above said though make sure the barrel is in good nick. i explain thi sworry to the gunsmith selling it. and tell him if you cant get some good groupings with it you want the money back !