ferreting in liverpool (merseyside)

just got 2 ferrets and was wondering were the best place's in liverpool or around merseyside is the best places to go thanks

wouldnt really ferret now mate lot of young about chances are theyll kill to ground and youll be digging all day were in liverpool are you

Edited by mick1212

Unless you are thinking of poaching you will need to get some permission first start knocking some landowners doors and see if you can get some permission

and as mick1212 said its a waste of time at the moment far to many young around wait till about end of august good luck with finding some ground mate

what equipment would i need to start hunting, have you got to buy a ferret finder or will it be ok if i dont have one

wait till end of september early october you can come out with us we ferret for the hawks thats when ill be out next if you dont have a finder dont go out this time of year a good chance youll lose them

formby point mate booming :thumbs:

Its places like that where the in-expierienced can get into trouble. Yep, vast area of sand dunes honeycombed with rabbits but a nature reserve and a death trap for ferrets. ;)

what equipment would i need to start hunting, have you got to buy a ferret finder or will it be ok if i dont have one

wait till end of september early october you can come out with us we ferret for the hawks thats when ill be out next if you dont have a finder dont go out this time of year a good chance youll lose them

Mick, wouldnt mind gegging in on this if you dont mind. hsve ferts and stuff but never hunted to hawk......... what do you think ?

Mick, wouldnt mind gegging in on this if you dont mind. hsve ferts and stuff but never hunted to hawk......... what do you think ?

dont mind you coming when the birds finish moult were you from mate

dont mind you coming when the birds finish moult were you from mate

Allerton

Unless you are thinking of poaching you will need to get some permission first start knocking some landowners doors and see if you can get some permission

and as mick1212 said its a waste of time at the moment far to many young around wait till about end of august good luck with finding some ground mate

Always thought poaching with ferrets isn't very effective and asking for trouble. If you've 20 purse nets set and a couple of ferrets to ground you can hardly slip away if you see a gamekeeper coming and looking unconspicious ain't easy either. Best get persmission.

if your going poach go early get a few and move on do the holes in cover mornings are lite so you can get abit sport early , get to no the land and who owns it , fechall in rabbit cacthing most could do it after a season or so with expierenced teachers ,plenty no mans land in areas were there glad for you to kill the pests etc ,