Country file

Guest john5

did you relize what they said about hunting rabbits with dogs ,its ilegal

yep i heard that too so you better watch out , the best bit i thought was Adam doing his bit for conservation :feck: also the other jerk-off crying over those pony's ......should have shot all of them and put them into dog food cans :tongue2:

Guest john5

So to cut a long story short I didnt miss anything by the sounds of it. :thumbs:

edited to say I have just watched it and put a complaint in :thumbdown:

yeh it needs complaining about and what a bunch of to$$ers that make such programs

why cant we have a castrate adam film :boogie: or maybe see how many tears are shed if the guy who wants to protect horses gets kicked to death by a horse :victory:

those same twats will be asking for peoples money next

Its a joke last time i bothered my arse to watch countryfile ... john craven was stood in linconshire bellowing at a man in a subaru "WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO HARES !!! WHY !!!!!" with the police stood next to him 5 minutes later craven turned to the camera and said the dog men slip there dogs on a hare and they chase it down catch it and rip it tot tiny peices in the feild. f*****g berk ! anti scum countryfile should tell the truth about the countryside !

• 3 weeks later...

This back from the BBC today:

Reference CAS-719075-XQFTFK

Thank you for your correspondence regarding the BBC One programme ‘Countryfile’ broadcast on 17 April 2011.

I understand you’re unhappy because you believe the programme incorrectly stated that hunting rabbits with dogs was illegal.

I have passed your comments onto the Series Producer who has offered the following reply:

“Having reviewed our film in the light of your comments, I agree that, in hindsight, we could have made the position clearer.

“However, I assure you there was no attempt to deliberately mislead anyone. We took the position in relation to this matter in good faith from an experienced hawker.

“The point the contributor was trying to make was that because hares (which are not exempt from the Hunting Act) live alongside rabbits at St Andrew’s, dogs should not be used given the risk they would target a hare which would be illegal. I accept that the use of this footage could and should have made the legal position clearer.

I hope you are able to accept my explanation and feel able to continue to support the programme.â€

I'd also like to assure you that I've registered your complaint on our Audience Log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that’s made available to all BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The Audience Logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions on future BBC programmes and content.

Once again, thank you for contacting us.

Kind Regards

Philip Young

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

i have had exactually the same answer wich i think is a little bit of a cop out!

No different to when we all complained after the coursing one they did. We all got exactly the same response!

Maybe we should e-mail them and try to get them to do a bit on one of their programmes about legal lurcher and terrier work. Showing it in a good light for a change as opposed to their usuall anti lurcher/terrier shite! I think they owe us that seeing as our TV licences just seem to be spent on anti propaganda!