stud dog on preloved

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope ye say black smooth coated fell type

that sume think else as gone in the mix in the past.

Does it really matter what colour it is or what breed you associate it with as long as its bred to work.This thing off fell.patterdale.lakeland.beddy.border why not just call them all working bred ter

i bred a litter of paterdale pups both perents are black. the first three pups that come out were black and the forth one was white with black head with black spots on her belly basiclly the same as the dog this posts about i will try and get some pics up.

i bred a litter of paterdale pups both perents are black. the first three pups that come out were black and the forth one was white with black head with black spots on her belly basiclly the same as the dog this posts about i will try and get some pics up.

Did ye breed the parents to this pup and the grandparents ?? if ye didnt i think ye may find ye have a white terrier in there somewhere :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

THERE IS WELL KNOWN AND TESTED LINES OF BLACK TERRIERS THAT FROM TIME TO TIME WHEN BRED THAT THEY PRODUCE AN ODD BLACK AND WHITE MARKED TERRIER AND THEY ARE SUPER GRAFTERS SO WHO CARES LOTS OF LINES OF BLACKS GO BACK TO BORDERS LAKELANDS ETC THEY HAVE TO START SOMEWERE JMHO

is it so uncommon to find the odd white in a litter seeing as alot of lines will have some kind of bull blood infused somewhere even if its way way back?

I thought there was always a slim chance Fells might throw a white: I don't know much about their breeding but i thought that there was Russel in many blood lines 50 or 100y ago. Simple gentics means that a white one might pop out every now and then; the chances just get smaller and smaller with time.

Mind you if its on pre-loved it probably is a pat crossed with a Russel anyway: The numbnuts and peddlers on there are just selling for money and don't give a f**k who they lie or sell to.

The only way to remove the slim chance of a whites or part-white is if the breed goes kc :icon_eek: and everyone breeds for colour :no: , then every mating shall breed true to the kc chosen colour....... :bad:

Mind you, I don't suppose that'll happen anytime soon, so i wouldn't worry. Best not to look on preloved if you are into working dogs surely. :whistling:

THERE IS WELL KNOWN AND TESTED LINES OF BLACK TERRIERS THAT FROM TIME TO TIME WHEN BRED THAT THEY PRODUCE AN ODD BLACK AND WHITE MARKED TERRIER AND THEY ARE SUPER GRAFTERS SO WHO CARES LOTS OF LINES OF BLACKS GO BACK TO BORDERS LAKELANDS ETC THEY HAVE TO START SOMEWERE JMHO

is it so uncommon to find the odd white in a litter seeing as alot of lines will have some kind of bull blood infused somewhere even if its way way back?

I thought there was always a slim chance Fells might throw a white: I don't know much about their breeding but i thought that there was Russel in many blood lines 50 or 100y ago. Simple gentics means that a white one might pop out every now and then; the chances just get smaller and smaller with time.

Mind you if its on pre-loved it probably is a pat crossed with a Russel anyway: The numbnuts and peddlers on there are just selling for money and don't give a f**k who they lie or sell to.

The only way to remove the slim chance of a whites or part-white is if the breed goes kc :icon_eek: and everyone breeds for colour :no: , then every mating shall breed true to the kc chosen colour....... :bad:

Mind you, I don't suppose that'll happen anytime soon, so i wouldn't worry. Best not to look on preloved if you are into working dogs surely. :whistling: