There must be someone

ive been left school nearly a year now and still not found a job .. i went to collage to study animal care & land based studies .. Unfortunetly it wasn't my thing as there was too much paperwork .. Ive found that im allot better when doing hands on practical jobs and chores (you learn alot more). Ive been looking for a job on a farm/estate now for approximately 8months and not succeeded. So im asking anyone who needs a helping hand to do me a favor and offer me a job. Putting it on here makes sense as there is surely lots of farmers/gamekeepers ect.

Would be (very) grateful if anyone could step up.

(its worth a try)

Im 17 years of age & came out of school with 10 GCSEs

Enthusiastic and trustworthy.

Got basic knowlage in farming ect

Darlington area .. Will travel within reason.

Thanks .. Tom

thumbs.gif

Don't think there are that many farmers etc on here. Have you tried looking in the back of the farmers weekly etc? Always jobs on there for farm hands etc. Best to start off over summer on some local farms offering free help, until you know what your doing at least driving tractors etc. Once you can say what you can do, its easier. Good luck. :thumbs:

Don't think there are that many farmers etc on here. Have you tried looking in the back of the farmers weekly etc? Always jobs on there for farm hands etc. Best to start off over summer on some local farms offering free help, until you know what your doing at least driving tractors etc. Once you can say what you can do, its easier. Good luck. :thumbs:

Cheers for the advice

I know its not the best place too look for jobs but like i say its worth a try. You just never know whats going to pop up.

I would quite gladly do it for free if there is a chance of a job afterwards.

Thanks again.

Go on the British Farming Forum and put up an ad. Its the perfect time of year to get a full season under your belt doing farm work.

Your first season will be a massive learning curve and you will learn all the basics. From then on it is up to you to prove your proficiency.

Basic farm labourer/driver will earn slightly more than minimum wage but after a few years on the job you could be earning serious money and very desireable. I know of experienced drivers on £10 an hour upwards for tractor work.

No shortage of farm jobs if you are capable, willing, trustworthy and a grafter. If you are none of these chances are you wont succede in anything.

If driving isnt your thing there are other ways to make serious coin in farming. Relief milking, fencing, foot trimming, drainage, shed building. The sky is the limit.

All the best. If you need any more help PM me.

:thumbs:

FTB

Get to college lad, wish i had but too old now.

used to be a case of what you knew and how much soil is stuck in the cracks of yer weathered hands, not its a case of lets see yer CV and how stubby yer fingers.

Best of luck but dont get like me wishing 'WHAT IF!?!?!?!'..

Earth does have a point aswell. With the job situation as it is there has never been a better time to get some qualifications under yer belt.

Go for it. You have nowt to loose and everything to gain.

FTB

AND when you get in college take everything offered,it WILL pay off!! :yes:

Earth does have a point aswell. With the job situation as it is there has never been a better time to get some qualifications under yer belt.

Go for it. You have nowt to loose and everything to gain.

FTB

AND when you get in college take everything offered,it WILL pay off!! :yes:

I know its the best thing but the nearest agricultural collage to me is some miles away, Would be better off with an apprenticeship or something similar.

If i keep searching something will come off .. It has to

They wont let me on the British Farming Forum for some reason to do with my e-mail address. I will keep trying tho ..

Cheers lads

thumbs.gif

Is it a Google mail address by any chance?? Some forums won't accept those 'cos it hides the I.P. so I'm told.

Best of luck with the search and good on you for useing a bit of nouse :thumbs: It never hurts to ask.

They wont let me on the British Farming Forum for some reason to do with my e-mail address. I will keep trying tho ..

Cheers lads

thumbs.gif

Is it a Google mail address by any chance?? Some forums won't accept those 'cos it hides the I.P. so I'm told.

Best of luck with the search and good on you for useing a bit of nouse :thumbs: It never hurts to ask.

No its a hotmail address been using it for years so cant understand & Your right pal .. Dont ask you dont get.

ah I was in the exact situation not long ago and despite being A lass a friend of myne got me a job doing potatos on a farm....maybe next season (if you havnt found somthing by then) this could be a good way of getting a good farming referance