Van insurance for a 17 year old lad! where to get it

Well just befor i give up and get myself a car i was just woundering if anyone could recomend some where to get cheap van insure for a young lad i'm a dry stone waller by trade and was just thinking it would be handy to have a little van instead of trying to fit it all into a car the cheapest qoute i have had on a 1.3 vaxhall combo van has been £4000 same for a 1.2 ren - kangoo :doh: and that was from the nfu!! I think its just going to be too expensive but I thought I would try on here before I give up!

Cheers lads

Edited by Teesdale-rabbiter
  • Like 1

Well just befor i give up and get myself a car i was just woundering if anyone could recomend some where to get cheap van insure for a young lad i'm a dry stone waller by trade and was just thinking it would be handy to have a little van instead of trying to fit it all into a car the cheapest qoute i have had on a 1.3 vaxhall combo van has been £4000 same for a 1.2 ren - kangoo :doh: and that was from the nfu!! I think its just going to be too expensive but I thought I would try on here before I give up!

Cheers lads

Honestly think you,ll find it hard to get cheap insurance ,i tried to put 17 yr old son

on renault traffic ,blatant refusal ,ended up getting him a vw polo and cheapest insurance

was with Quinn Direct at £2356.

Good luck kid .

• 5 months later...

Cheers lads

got my 17yr old son covered for £3.200 for a 1.4 tdci fiesta van with nfu cheapest by far other companies wanted that for a small car,but needs van for job apprentice grouse keeper.

Why do they rip the arse out of kids for insurance ffs some of them are safer than grandad in his 70's and his insurance is gonna be stupidly cheap compared to thiers!"

Oh and not sure if this helps but was told Adrian Flux are good on 4x4 insurance dont know about young drivers tho!

Edited by masmiffy
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'm in the same boat. i'm 22 3 points. an it quoating me 1700 for a bog standard transit van. would the insurance be cheaper if you said you would be using it to work self-employed? as that is wat i am but don't want to pay silly money

• 1 month later...

Yep proper ripoff for the kids these days, My insurance quotes are all the same price regardless of car, Mini or a rolls royce, Still the same price, Last year was £198, this year its £660 for my freelander valued at £1,000, I`M 52 with no convictions whatsoever, Full no claims bonus Maybe i have a solution, My pontiac is insured for 20,000 and only costs £180 with classic insurance 10,000mls a year so if you can get a pre 1972 motor, A, The insurance is hell of a lot cheaper, B, Free road tax, Sounds like you could do with a good old landrover,

• 2 weeks later...

When i was younger my insurence was expensive and so was my mate's...so he got insured on his mother's policy..which reduced the price load's...the only downside to that is he did not aquire any no claim's disscount for when he eventually got insured for hinself..

• 2 weeks later...

I've been driving my van since I passed my driving test, my dad had an old Ford Mk4 Fiesta Van, she's ancient now but she's still running with a lot of TLC!

I must admit I had a bit of a prang in her about 18 months ago and when I went to renew my insurance with 'those who must not be named as they are the devil', they wanted to up my premiums by £200! :cray:

So I did some Googling and found iVan Van Insurance, try giving them a call as they helped me get my premiums lower :)

This is their site: http://www.ivaninsurance.co.uk

I hope this helps :toast: