"come back with my rabbit"

Hi All

i am having the same issue with a 11 month old pup.Catches the rabbit and does this kind of lap of honour thing.

I have no probem in the patience issue and have sat and waited but now I find she settles down and starts to eat the rabbit about 10-15 feet away from me.

Am i goosed ?

any info appreciated.

Cheers

IB

same happened to me a couple of weeks ago ,i got invited out at short notice so i took my pup along (we were long netting )so pup settled very quickly ,looked really interested in rabbits bolting from hole to hole ,jumped nets ok and didnt bother ferrets ,at home he retrievs for fun ,but on this occasion he cought a small bolter ,well i nelt down and called him but he were having none of it (he was prancing around like a young lad who had shot his first load )i dont think it helped that it was squeeling its head off ,he was throwing it in the air ,rolling on it ,letting it go and grabbing it again . i just let him get on with it when i realised he wasnt going to bring it .eventually he ate it back legs first swallowing it like an anaconda ,at first i was really dissapointed ,then when i got home i got his toy out and kicked it down the garden in disgust and the little shit brought it straight back .

y lads just bought a bullgrey at around 12 mths old ,he started the same . first couple of rabbit on the lamp he just took off and started eating them .tried a few things to no avail .over a couple of weeks it was starting to become a pain until one night as soon as he took his first rabbit i put lamp straight back on to run next dog and he was back at my side forcing the rabbit at me ready for another run .so took rabbit quick and sent him again .he,s still not 100% but we getting somewere with him now ,he normaly comes straight back but he do,s go back to his old ways now and again .all dogs are different and you got to pick up on the little things they do and it will all come together in the end .as long as you take them out lol