hi there i was wondering if any one on here has made a home made fox trap .As i have just got myself an alotment and i wish to bread qauil.Asking the chairman of the gardens he said there was no problem .But the only down fall is there are a few foxes kicking about he told me that only three weeks ago one of the alotment owners lost sixsteen chickens to them .So i would be Most /most greatfull if some one could help or guide me to were i could possabley find out. thanks for spending the time to read my post and i look forward to hearing from you all.

hi there i was wondering if any one on here has made a home made fox trap .As i have just got myself an alotment and i wish to bread qauil.Asking the chairman of the gardens he said there was no problem .But the only down fall is there are a few foxes kicking about he told me that only three weeks ago one of the alotment owners lost sixsteen chickens to them .So i would be Most /most greatfull if some one could help or guide me to were i could possabley find out. thanks for spending the time to read my post and i look forward to hearing from you all.

hiya but, home made fox traps are pretty easy to make and cheap. I use tight squared mesh fencing and springs from a trampoline, it does the job fine :thumbs: if you click on my posts and it will come up live rat traps, you can see the smaller traps we have made and that is the same as we use for foxes but on a bigger scale.

hi im only 15 and have made my own foxtrap in my back garden its a piece of PI!!

i made a mesh cage the put strips of batton down each side then made a batton frame door then put the door in the cage useing drawer sliders . then made a pin from a flattened piece of wire and tied string the the end then ran the string across the top through a pipe the dangle the string through the back tie the bait to the string in the cage. when the box pulls the bait out of the cage before he gets out the pin slips out and the door drops TADAA boogie.gifboogie.gif

hello pal i make all my own fox traps and i catch alot of foxes in them all you need to make them is some 1 inch squared mesh galavanised if possible youll need 4 sheets of that i normally make mine about 6ft long and 2ft wide and 2ft high once you ve put them together i use cabel ties to hold them in place then weld once trap is finished once youve put the 4 sides together put a back on and a front then on the front come in 2 squares each side and 1 square top and bottom and cut out hole for your gate. make your gate slightly wider and about 2 squares higher than the trap as you will need to bend these 2 squares over attatch the gate with cable ties now you need 2 lenghths of bar that go from the top of the trap to the bottom make sure they go either side of your gate put them in from the 3rd square back from the front of the trap and run them down to the front of the bottom so there on a slope before you weld these in place youll need to make a rectangle the width of the trap out of bar put this on the bottom of the gate make sure youre sloping bars go inside them then weld your sloping bars in place and this will form your locking mechanism. now you need to make a pressure pad to make this you need some left over mesh about 2 squares shorter than the width of the trap and about 10 squares long and cabel tie it to the bottom of the trap at the back make sure you leave enough room so you can put a rabbit in the back once youve done that attatch a pice of fencing wire to the pad make this long enough to reach the gate then your nearly finished all you need is one last bit of bar just wider than the trap put this just behind the door when open just cable tie it in place this is for your wire to go over to hold the gate up. when the fox walks in stands on the pressure pad pulling the wire out of the gate and the gate closes behind him and you have your fox. if you need any pictures send me your email address or pm me if you can and ill get some done for you hope these instructions are of some help. good luck. :thumbs: