Looking for a Lurcher in the States

My husband just pulled up with this big fella in the back of the truck, he's nothing at all like what I wanted but crazy and already proved it this morning. Hopefully I'll find that Beddy someday soon, but we'll see how he gets on here with us. Thanks for y'alls help

What type of sighthound is it?

1/4 wolfhound 3/4greyhound classic staghound stock, you can't tell in the photo he's huge, easily over 80lbs, his chest is so broad and he can rest his head on the kitchen table, the man we got him from was moving and had this chum left. In the truck he makes the truck look small, I was sure he was going to eat me. But when we let him out he was such a spaz, a really silly dog, he's so happy running. I'm starting to think he won't be much help with the game we're after just because he's so big, but we're definitely keeping him, is it bad I just want to see him get after the raccoons that are eating our chickens?

My husband just pulled up with this big fella in the back of the truck, he's nothing at all like what I wanted but crazy and already proved it this morning. Hopefully I'll find that Beddy someday soon, but we'll see how he gets on here with us. Thanks for y'alls help

What type of sighthound is it?

1/4 wolfhound 3/4greyhound classic staghound stock, you can't tell in the photo he's huge, easily over 80lbs, his chest is so broad and he can rest his head on the kitchen table, the man we got him from was moving and had this chum left. In the truck he makes the truck look small, I was sure he was going to eat me. But when we let him out he was such a spaz, a really silly dog, he's so happy running. I'm starting to think he won't be much help with the game we're after just because he's so big, but we're definitely keeping him, is it bad I just want to see him get after the raccoons that are eating our chickens?

Get that dog on the coons

I wouldn't discount him so quick AG a cold blood like that will do a job for you if the hunt drive is in him. saw some big dogs like that catching jack rabbits while i was over there just give him the exposure and see how he goes.