Looking for a Lurcher in the States

If anybody has information on where I can find a lurcher in the states I'd really appreciate the help. I went to uni in Ireland and fell in love with the lurchers for no better reason than that they are the perfect dog, and now years later home in Illinois I've been searching high and low for a staghound/longdog/lurcher to be a dear house dog and to work our prairie critters. I've had no luck at all, and non of my friends back across the pond were dog/sport people so they've been no help. I have no real preference to age or sex, just a smaller chum that still has some spirit in him.

My dad has coonhounds and suggested thehuntinglife might be able to help me.

Are lurchers just destined to be kept secret from the yanks?

If anybody has information on where I can find a lurcher in the states I'd really appreciate the help. I went to uni in Ireland and fell in love with the lurchers for no better reason than that they are the perfect dog, and now years later home in Illinois I've been searching high and low for a staghound/longdog/lurcher to be a dear house dog and to work our prairie critters. I've had no luck at all, and non of my friends back across the pond were dog/sport people so they've been no help. I have no real preference to age or sex, just a smaller chum that still has some spirit in him.

My dad has coonhounds and suggested thehuntinglife might be able to help me.

Are lurchers just destined to be kept secret from the yanks?

Try Gary Hosker on Facebook

AG-What do you want to do with the lurcher? What game are you going to hunt? Will it have to work with terriers? Tell us some more info and I can cut the fat out and point you in the right direction- Take care Stunt

Honestly just to run squirrels and rabbits, a dog that can take out a coyote is too big, but a beddiex with the spirit to want to take out the coyote is just right.

[

A good working whippet would do what you want. Make sure it is from field coursing/racing lines. Quite a lot of mine have gone to that kind of home.

Honestly just to run squirrels and rabbits, a dog that can take out a coyote is too big, but a beddiex with the spirit to want to take out the coyote is just right.

post-33281-0-45789100-1302557645_thumb.jpg

AG-Not many BeddyXs in the states in 20 plus years probably only saw 2 or 3. If your set on that cross your best bet is to bring one over from the UK.

I've had and hunted allot of Tony's whippets and thier crosses here in the states they are nice dogs in a smaller package,mind well and are easy keepers.

Tony its good to see you on here, I'm friends with Steve Kuper from NY. Take care Stunt.

I got my dog from a person named Adam Grant. He has deerhound/greyhound X's, bull/greyhound X's and I believe some whippet/deerhounds. I am not sure what he has at the moment but shoot me an email and I will reply with his contact info. matturban12@gmail.com

Where are you located? I'm in Pennsylvania but Adam is from MO.

My husband just pulled up with this big fella in the back of the truck, he's nothing at all like what I wanted but crazy and already proved it this morning. Hopefully I'll find that Beddy someday soon, but we'll see how he gets on here with us. Thanks for y'alls help

6099736_20.jpeg

:thumbs:

My husband just pulled up with this big fella in the back of the truck, he's nothing at all like what I wanted but crazy and already proved it this morning. Hopefully I'll find that Beddy someday soon, but we'll see how he gets on here with us. Thanks for y'alls help

What type of sighthound is it?