would anyone?

hi just wanted to ask if anyone would be willing to take me with them hunting would like to try rabbits this would be my first time hunting and would rather go out with someone and see what its all about. i have my own air arms s410k rifle and i also drive. so if your in or around the mitcham/croydon area and want to show someone the ropes please let me know.. i would also be willing to buy lunch.

thanks

james..

Good luck with that one mate, you got insurance? as it could appear a little bit risky taking a stranger with a a gun to your permissions. :whistling:

All the best

Si

The guy that got me into shooting took me out with him 4 or 5 times just watching etc before he let me do any shooting. I wasn't allowed to even touch a rifle until he felt comfortable around me in a hunting situation and I already knew the guy quite well before we ever went shooting.

It worked out well as I learnt all the field craft first however no matter how much help he gave me I never could shoot accurately.

hi just wanted to ask if anyone would be willing to take me with them hunting would like to try rabbits this would be my first time hunting and would rather go out with someone and see what its all about. i have my own air arms s410k rifle and i also drive. so if your in or around the mitcham/croydon area and want to show someone the ropes please let me know.. i would also be willing to buy lunch.

thanks

james..

hi buddy

get ya self down to this meet,and make friends.and who knows you may get an invite out to shoot :thumbs:

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/180474-chaz-n-daves-thl-air-gun-section-meet/

regards

davy

hey mate,

i'd gladly say yes if our farms weren't so strick about people :blink: .

best place to learn is by asking questions on here. i learnt most of the trick of the trade from people on here! best place. althought trial and error also play a big factor in the learning curb.

atb alex

ok guys thanks i went clay pigeon shooting last saturday and met a really nice bunch so fingers crossed something will come of that. also had a wicked day at the same time shot down 26 clays out of 60 witch they was saying is good for a first timer dont know if they was just trying to make me feel good lol but wicked fun. cant wait to go again lol.

Edited by james11

Why don't you get some practise in, print these out and use them...

Printable rabbit targets etc...

When you are hitting the kill zone effectively it is time to go to stage 2!

Stage 2, ring some farms! Explain you are a keen air gunner, that you would like to help with pest control and get out there.

After succeeding in stage 2, read all the hunting tips on here and get out there! Just a few simple basics will help you, these are really obvious but I will say them anyway.

1) Never leave any litter.

2) Report any burrows in fields to the person who gave you permission.

3) Always shut any gates you open.

4) Be aware of where you are shooting, never aim towards livestock, buildings, machinery or people. I shoot in a paddock near an access track to farmers fields, so I always make sure no people or vehicles are coming down the track in case I have a bad shot (rather not shoot the rabbit than hit a person or vehicle).

5) Be patient, patience is a positive blessing when hunting, be prepared to lie in one position for hours if needs be, pays off you know.

So go on, get out there, I started hunting on my own again a few months ago and had to learn it all again! This site is full of people who can help! So feel free to ask questions, read plenty and try things out and see what works for you!

Check out Air Gun Clubs as most Local Vermin Shoots have be covered by Club Members over the years

Seen many posts by Shooters in your Area

Trouble is much of the Land now belongs to Property Groups who sell on Shooting rights to Full bore Shooters

I have had several New Shooters coming along to my Club - who have joined some of my Members - when they believe they are good enough Shots and Safe to shoot with them

Also because of Growing Health and Safety Issues many Large Grounds / Golf Courses etc now require Professional Shooter / trappers.

BOB/R