Yep.

In a big oven pan (no plastic handle) - sear a few lbs of oxtail pieces in oil and butter. add chopped veg (i use celery, and onion, however you can use leek, carrots as well). cook for 5m. Add a glass of white wine OR a splash of white wine vinegar OR a splash of cider vinegar. Boil off the liquid just added for a minute or so on high heat.

Add 1 tsp of each: crushed fennel seeds, crushed junipers, cinnamon, chilli (flakes OR dry OR fresh), salt, black pepper.

Add a heaped tablespoon of paprika.

Add a few pounds of fresh chopped tomatoes OR a few tins of them. Enough tomatoes to cover the meat. If need be,add water to ensure meat is covered. Stir in. Lid the pan and pop in oven for 4hours on gas mark 3.

Add a handful of chopped fresh oregano/marjoram. Add dumplings (flour, water, salt, started bread yeast, bicarb, pepper).

Lid the pot and pop it back in the oven for at 15-30m.

when the dumplings are floating and crispy, its ready

Yumyum

Yep.

In a big oven pan (no plastic handle) - sear a few lbs of oxtail pieces in oil and butter. add chopped veg (i use celery, and onion, however you can use leek, carrots as well). cook for 5m. Add a glass of white wine OR a splash of white wine vinegar OR a splash of cider vinegar. Boil off the liquid just added for a minute or so on high heat.

Add 1 tsp of each: crushed fennel seeds, crushed junipers, cinnamon, chilli (flakes OR dry OR fresh), salt, black pepper.

Add a few pounds of fresh chopped tomatoes OR a few tins of them. Enough tomatoes to cover the meat. If need be,add water to ensure meat is covered. Stir in. Lid the pan and pop in oven for 4hours on gas mark 3.

Add a handful of chopped fresh oregano/marjoram. Add dumplings (flour, water, salt, started bread yeast, bicarb, pepper).

Yumyum

seems a lot of herbs ?

Yep.

Yumyum

seems a lot of herbs ?

Yep but that's just down to my personal preference. I love spicy Paprikash type stews and that's partly influenced my recipe for oxtail soup.

If you don't like all the herbs and spices, you could swap marjoram/oregano for parsley. Or you can leave out the fennel seeds/chilli/cinammon. Mind you i'd defo keep the paprika and junipers in though as they go really well with strongly flavoured meats like oxtail.