pump or dive tank ????

I am a 62 year old, and do have a pump, good way to keep fit, if you take it steady, but do have a tank as well, don't want to over do it with the keep fit, :) I do have to sit down and have a cup of tea after using the pump, hard work, but a good back up for if the tank runs out of air.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charging your air rifle   Pre-charged air rifles require a supply of clean compressed air. This can be obtained in 2 ways, from a stirrup pump or a divers scuba tank. Stirrup pumps   Are like an

hi bud,if you got arms like [arnie] or [popeye]and fit as feck' bye a pump.if your like me'10 stone wet then buy a bottle, regards chaz.

just bought a pump you lot must be unfit it was easy peasy to fill the fn12 and a 2ltr air bottle so no trips to get air for me millybot

A have had pumps and bottles but would rather use the pump personal choice and i rang my gun shop about the filters for the pump as a read that you can get mosture in your gun and can cause it to rust from the inside out the reply a got from the gun shop was they have sold thousands of pumps and its full of crap a will not hurt you gun one bit and that they have never heard of out like that with the pumps and then told me not to bother with the filter as its pointless and the hills pump as a built in filter any ways. a have not had any probs with any of my guns when using the pumps so far and used them for years don't no how true this is just what they told me anyways

Definately Scuba bottle everytime, I scuba dive and shoot so its easy. Join together with your mates and buy a compressor you can get a 232 bar compressor on ebay dirt cheap. As you are not breathing the air too just filling guns you don't have to have the tests done on it for CO2 etc.

Cheers Marko

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys

I am looking at buying a PCP air rifle after having a go with a friends it just seems like the way forward. Although my friends seemed easy to pump using a stirrup, I have heard that other guns may take alot more effort. So to my original point is it worth getting a bottle and after looking on ebay there is not much in price difference. But I have noticed that I can pick up an out of test one for as little as £30. Would this be dangerous as high pressures are involved and could be potentially dangerous.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really... Sneaky adverts I fear.. Who in hell fires would suggest this as viable reading... Sorry but I just read this tat and is time of my life I can't get back.. To the point where the time it lost to type this message made no difference.. Thanks kNoob (pronounce if with one "o")

AtFb Ade

• IanB unpinned this topic