Over the last few months there has been a growing number of 'pirate' catapults appearing on Ebay,pirate Hunters,A+ slingshots and now Bill Hayes fine catapults.

Catapult piracy may seem harmless but it financially it effects the catapult market in that the legitimate makers and designers don't have the money to invest in the design and development of new products for the catapult market

united action is needed ,if all us legitimate makers and designers email the vendors and inform Ebay we can get on top of this theft of our hard work.

if you are not a maker but see catapult piracy report it to the maker or to Ebay if thats where it was seen.

REMEMBER some pirate catty makers dont realise they are doing anything wrong so please be polite,resolution of the problem is better than conflict!

CATAPULT PIRACY.......TOGETHER WE CAN STOP IT!

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO, USE ,SHARE OR COPY THE BANNER.

anyone on ss forum please post there.

PIRACY.png

I thought the ergos started off in the states ? but you sell them fish ,surely this is the same :blink:

What about the milbro design ? thats often copied

I can see how people protect there names been forged on cattys and been passed on as theres, but think youd have to patent the design to protect them fully

Edited by steve66

I thought the ergos started off in the states ? but you sell them fish ,surely this is the same :blink:

I can see how people protect there names been forged on cattys and been passed on as theres, but think youd have to patent the design to protect them fully

i,d have to agree with steve on this one,who,s to know who,s copying who, :thumbs: theres not a lot of design difference apart from a slightly differnt shape,and i,m sure all those shapes have been done at sometime over the years by someone

i,d have to agree with steve on this one,who,s to know who,s copying who, :thumbs: theres not a lot of design difference apart from a slightly differnt shape,and i,m sure all those shapes have been done at sometime over the years by someone

Id agree with that,

Iam all for a man trying too earn a few ££ for a bit of beer money in his spare time, I think these day most designs would have been done at some point over the years so who really is copying who?:thumbs: ,

I think what your trying to say is people are selling similar cattys to yours with the same bands for cheaper and its effecting your custom...

• Like 1

It's a free market I'm afraid as I am pretty sure there's prior art for the catapult you can't patent variations of the same thing.

You would only stand a chance of getting things removed if you have a valid trademark and people are putting that on similar items.

First thought was that this was an April Fool ............ but it was posted after 12 ............

:thumbs::thumbs:

Fish if you've got a patent then you've got rights, somehow i very much doubt you have or will ever get one. i wonder where you got the ideas for some of your cattys? stop moaning about people copying and concentrate on your own gear. If yours are quality then you'll have no problems.

ATB

REDEYE

• Like 2

Bandwagons will always be jumped on by otheres, take dog collars for instance you get a guy copy an idea off another company and then publicly slate someone because he thinks someones copying his idea :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

Double standards IMO.

ATB D

Bandwagons will always be jumped on by otheres, take dog collars for instance you get a guy copy an idea off another company and then publicly slate someone because he thinks someones copying his idea :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

Double standards IMO.

ATB D

Not double standards at all you sad mental case.

If you'd told me when you ordered it that you wanted it to copy, then I wouldn't have sold you one, at all.

The only reason (by your own admission) that you didn't copy it was because you realised it was too much work, that makes you lazy as well as a parasite.

I did exactly that to Stillwater collars in the US. (and have the emails to prove)

You're a lying snide, that's the difference.

Haven't you jumped off that bridge yet? How are the voices today? :duh:

I couldn't care less if anyone wants to copy my gear, if they offer better quality or better service then it's hard luck to me, I'll be on the dole like you. :boogie:

You're starting to look a bit queer following me around you know .................. if you want to see my cock or smell my arse, then just ask and I'll send you a scratch and sniff photo you weirdo.

Edited by Strong Stuff
  • Like 3