Safety issue with falcon prairie

Hello Ryan,

Saw your post today,noticed no replies.

I had the same experience ,but also when I put the safety off to take a shot after inadvedently trying to with the thing on ,the gun discharges without touching the trigger. I am also getting all sorts of probs with jammed pellets,which seem to fall out of the mag if I load with the gun pointing down....not every time, but often enough to be a nuisance.

My gun is a Prairie C m

Just thought I'd let you know that you are not alone!

Ted

Hello Ryan,

I had the same experience ,but also when I put the safety off to take a shot after inadvedently trying to with the thing on ,the gun discharges without touching the trigger. I am also getting all sorts of probs with jammed pellets,which seem to fall out of the mag if I load with the gun pointing down....not every time, but often enough to be a nuisance.

My gun is a Prairie C m

Ted

Is the trigger adjustable? it could be too sensative causing premature discharge, if not it sounds like a worn or broken seer in the mechanism and it also sounds like whatever holds the pellets in the mag has gone, does it use an 'O' ring? it may need replacing

Hi I'm Ryan I've been having a few issues with my air rifle, it's a falcon prairie multi shot, when I try to reload with the safety on the gun doesn't load, in other words if I pull the trigger after I've reloaded it with the safety on there is a pellet in the barrel but no action when I pull the trigger resulting in me having to take the mag out and roll back to an empty space in the mag to avoid loading another pellet into the chamber, any ideas on what the problem is and how to solve it

All the best Ryan

Does it fire if you cock it with the saftey off, and then apply the saftey (as if your walking somewhere) and then take it off again to shoot, will it fire then?

Then only thing i can think of is there is two stages to cocking your gun, the first stage rotates the mag and the second cock the rifle (fills it with air to fire) daystates do a similar action - you can index my air ranger without cocking it.

the saftey may be interupting the second stage so no air is getting through.. it may be an intended saftey feature or it might not, i dont have enough experience with falcons to know in detail how they operate.

Either way getting it checked by a gunsmith is your best option, especially the one that is randomly firing off pellets!

ATB

Adam

Hello Ryan,

My gun is a Prairie C m

Ted

Hello Ryan,

My gun is a Prairie C m

Ted

had same sort of problem took in to local gun shop and it took him about 2mins to fix and he didn't charge it was a little screw in the trigger

Hi everybody,

Have" fiddled "with the gun-every thing ok ...ish.Safety on-won't cock.Safety off-ok. Havn't been able to replicate the "no trigger" firing again,but now aware that it may happen so alert to it-until I forget.

There IS a problem with two nof the three mags that I have; they have not been cycling smoothly,and jamming.I did a few dry fires and on inspecting the mags saw that they had a mark on the edge of each pellet holder ,caused by the pellet probe. Can't fiddle anymore as O ring worn on charging hose. Aghhh! ...I believe that the HW 100 is trouble free?.....which is the next option....unless anybody has a better suggestion.

Ted