Fox terriers

heres one we had a few year ago ,he was only starting out when we lost him for 8 months ,sadly he was never the same dog again when i finally found him

DSCF0150.jpg

DSCF0149.jpg

nice dog, is that trifle in his dish :hmm::laugh:

:laugh: its replace pal ,its for greyhounds for when they have had a few hard runs ,and by god that dog had 8 months of hard running and that was the first day i got him back :laugh:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

proof and more photos http://rybakiohotniki.ru/hanterfox/blog/

heres one we had a few year ago ,he was only starting out when we lost him for 8 months ,sadly he was never the same dog again when i finally found him

the good old time russell is more or less a goner never mind the fox terrier fat man

This well i know it DEE MAC everybody seems to keep black terriers nowadays,but there is still pockets around the country where you will find the old fashined white terrier still been worked and bred to a good standard.

North devon have a lot of good workers down there.

we had a fox terrier x english bull terrier first cross my grand father owended her, she was an animal to ground, she was bred in cork, 20 years ago, there is a hard line of terriers off her liteer mates still around.

atb fen..

the good old time russell is more or less a goner never mind the fox terrier fat man

maybe in ireland in yorkshire theres plenty of very hard single working russels about what will do all jobs required of them

Edited by dave goodall
  • Like 1

What do you think about 3/4 wire fox terrier 1/4 apbt or sbt for fox? anyone see this cross? how it worked?

I see a topic with photos of russellXbull and i like that dogs

a greeting

Edited by Aitor
  • 7 years later...

A few lads in Westmeath use them for hunting cover to guns and account for good numbers of foxes every season. I haven't seen one that would be just used for a digging dog only. In and out and a quick bolt which is ideal for knocking out cover bushing and then move on to next place. Handy dog for that job but I wouldn't hold my breath settling down for an 8 foot dig or the ones I seen would be well out in that time. They do have their uses though and are plenty vocal in cover. The only fault I seen was they were that yappy on every scent ( rabbit, hare, deer and pheasants ) that they sometimes pulled the fox only bushers off a good line when they started screaming at everything and anything.

On 22/04/2019 at 19:10, sid g said:

always liked the look of the show type fox terrier mrs had the chance of a couple a few year back  for the  kc shows ..

In our country, there is a working breeding of this type of dog, russell never had

• Thanks 1