Fox terriers

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

proof and more photos http://rybakiohotniki.ru/hanterfox/blog/

heres one we had a few year ago ,he was only starting out when we lost him for 8 months ,sadly he was never the same dog again when i finally found him

my mother had a little fox terrier about 20 years ago she certainly had the instinct and drive. and once disapeared dowwn a cundy drain and stayed wwith it for a couple of hours. :icon_eek: i was glad to get her out as i neww her muzzle under the furnishings was thin long and very weak not capable of taking a lot of damage. just another wasted breed imo. i agree there are still some very good lines of russell left. they may be mixed bred but so where the old bent legged ones. :thumbs:

25+ years ago I dug with a lad who had two Smooth Fox terriers, good dogs, good finders, both would stay all day, the dog didn't mind a bit of stick either. Both were very good ratters too, the bitch being one of the best i've seen, one of only two dogs i've seen that would swim underwater to catch their rat, like a fecking Otter.

As for those old bent legged white dogs (back then they were Russells but is that still the case...?), i've dug to some crackers and looking back, this type always seemed to be kept by fellas who only had the one dog. I miss this type, suppose it reminds me of my youth.. ;)

I found some excelent work dogs which parents work that the price were 200€ or £176 in east of europe, the parents are international work champion but if you look in show litters the price is that £600-800

A greeting

25+ years ago I dug with a lad who had two Smooth Fox terriers, good dogs, good finders, both would stay all day, the dog didn't mind a bit of stick either. Both were very good ratters too, the bitch being one of the best i've seen, one of only two dogs i've seen that would swim underwater to catch their rat, like a fecking Otter.

As for those old bent legged white dogs (back then they were Russells but is that still the case...?), i've dug to some crackers and looking back, this type always seemed to be kept by fellas who only had the one dog. I miss this type, suppose it reminds me of my youth.. ;)

i have seen a collie/greyhound dive for a rat aswell,and the same dog tried to drown a fox terrier in a stream once in a fight.