Fox terriers

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

proof and more photos http://rybakiohotniki.ru/hanterfox/blog/

heres one we had a few year ago ,he was only starting out when we lost him for 8 months ,sadly he was never the same dog again when i finally found him

the good old time russell is more or less a goner never mind the fox terrier fat man

?!? No, there is plenty of fight left in russels and fox terriers, just like borders and westies and the other breeds the KC got hold of. you just gotta encourage them and bring it out. My pal puts his yorkie and norfolk terrier down a warren and they move rabbits like a pair of ferrets. Its in them all somewhere, just that some breeds have forgotten it and need waking up

Edited by Tomm Parr

the good old time russell is more or less a goner never mind the fox terrier fat man

This well i know it DEE MAC everybody seems to keep black terriers nowadays,but there is still pockets around the country where you will find the old fashined white terrier still been worked and bred to a good standard.

Guest dee mac

This well i know it DEE MAC everybody seems to keep black terriers nowadays,but there is still pockets around the country where you will find the old fashined white terrier still been worked and bred to a good standard.

yes fat man your right there s still some men keeping and working a line of white dog too a high standard but would you class them as russells theres russell blood in there but its been spiced up with a few drops of blood from other well know strains im not knocking them by any means but the old time russells that lay up on the door step in every town and village with the bandy legs that would of went off hunting with who ever was going out on the day should it be the devil himself are long gone imo.
Guest dee mac

?!? No, there is plenty of fight left in russels and fox terriers, just like borders and westies and the other breeds the KC got hold of. you just gotta encourage them and bring it out. My pal puts his yorkie and norfolk terrier down a warren and they move rabbits like a pair of ferrets. Its in them all somewhere, just that some breeds have forgotten it and need waking up

:icon_eek: think the clue is in the name of the dog in question FOX :doh:

still one or 2 lads down south digging regulary to russells .Have a young russell bitch myself with a hand full of digs over her but next season will tell a lot as they say

Edited by scent

Seen some good white bodied terriers work down through the years,most were a mixed bunch..bullxrussell..fox terrierx russellor bull and a few sealyhamxrussells but all honest hard workers.Had a black.n.white terrier up until a couple of year ago and dug a lot of stuff with it.

• 3 months later...

Here I put some photos of my fox terrier, now he have 1year and 7 months and measured by a vet is in 33 cm (12.9 inch)

The last season he only bite some dead fox, the next season he will begin to hunt alone

thump_6688327image.jpg

thump_6688330dsc02410.jpg

A greeting

there was a man that live on the road that i grew up on kept smooth fox terriers for digging that was about 20 years ago but he was big into them and so were his sons but i dont know if they are still at it to be honest he was and ignorant ole bollox so i never got much out off him about his dogs even doe i was very interested but i am proparly the same with the kids around my way