beach fishing

• 3 weeks later...

I'm the same always use rag or lug sometimes the odd bit of mackerel if just after flatfish or whiting but i've found your best digging it as close to the beach your fishing from rather than buying the farmed stuff, don't know if its just me but doesn't seem as good.

Was fishing the pier in Mevagissey, Cornwall when we were kids and my brother pulled in a shopping bag which had a packet of bacon and packet of sausages in it, he opened the packets and put a piece of sausage and bacon on the hook and dropped straight down the side ( crabbing really), after a little while had a bite and pulled in a flounder that was around 2lb in weight. Was looking at old photos the other day and there was one of him proud as punch holding the flounder up, happy days.

Never tried sausage or bacon since, stick to peeler, rag ,lug ,squid etc.

ATB

Kev

rabbit if you want dogish in fact i used to supply a lobster fisherman years ago with rabbit until it got banned a top bait if u carry a creel around when shore fishing an old rabbit head has caught me many a conger or crab ect