Nothing left

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright matey boy, no one here has a problem with you hating on folk that are cruel to their ferrets, we all hate that. What got you the abuse, was straight off the bat claiming that anyone who fed a

Best food for ferrets is dried and it works out the cheapest. They can also have chicken, liver, rabbit, mince and the odd boiled egg but not too often as it can make there fur fall out. Personally i

Works out cheaper ?? Than free stuff you get in the field which also contains free liver kidney and hearts ,?? You been on the piss today , lol

Posted Images

There was an article in the countrymans weekly last winter about a bloke who doesn't feed raw meat and he reckoned they didn't kill in , in my eyes and this is only my personal preferance I call these ferrets jackers , I mean I'm not saying all ferrets fed on biscuit would do this . but I like a ferret that will clear a warren and not surface till the last, or dug to to retrieve the last , I mean if it wont kill we all know there's going to be rabbits left in a stop end and I have dug to 4 rabbits bottled up not millions but that's me being honest . All my permisions pest control more or less and besides I like a good grafting ferret that gets stuck in the standard is high anything less is not entertained for long and finds a pet home , I guess what I'm geting at is the article was a load of tosh , I couldn't be lying about on the grass all day drinkig tea and smoking roll ups waiting for a dancing biscuit muncher to finally surface but hay that's me ,

Edited by Jamie m
  • Like 1

Aye, i probably do know more about ferrets than a lot of vets, as i'm sure do many others on here.

So, are you going to tell us all why dried food is better than a natural fresh meat diet? What it contains that a proper meat, fur, bone etc feed does not?

If you had a modicum of common sense you would know that animals in captivity live longer than their wild counter parts for a whole host of reasons, probably least of which is their diet. Tigers live longer in zoos than in the wild, is that because they are fed special chudleys dry Tiger food? Or are they in fact fed a raw flesh diet? If you were as bright as you like to think you are, you would realise that not having to expend energy to gather food, a dry, warm, draught proof sleeping box, decent veterniary care etc, a lack of competition, and so on, are the factors that lead to most animals having a longer life in captivity, not because some company somewhere has created an over priced dry feed for them.

:laugh:

The only time we ever put dry food in for the ferrets is when the jills are feeding young. Funnily enough they often seem to prefer the dry during the first couple of weeks after they've given birth. I would imagine that this is because the food is so high in protein and fat that it is actually more nutritious than a rabbit, for example. Never had a problem with jills rearing young before feeding dry, and didn't lose kits then either. But they always have the choice and usually by the time the kits have their eyes open the jills have stopped eating the dry. I would never feed it as an only food and it is never fed to working ferrets in the winter.

The only time we ever put dry food in for the ferrets is when the jills are feeding young. Funnily enough they often seem to prefer the dry during the first couple of weeks after they've given birth. I would imagine that this is because the food is so high in protein and fat that it is actually more nutritious than a rabbit, for example. Never had a problem with jills rearing young before feeding dry, and didn't lose kits then either. But they always have the choice and usually by the time the kits have their eyes open the jills have stopped eating the dry. I would never feed it as an only food and it is never fed to working ferrets in the winter.

Interesting you say that Penny, it's the fat thing i think, rabbits lack of fat means that they are good for weight maintanance etc, but are not so good when you need to bulk up or make up weight, such as after birth etc. At these times the ferrets really seem to prefer birds, due to the fat content. :thumbs:

:laugh: Anyone else had one of these pm's?

russellpt6, on 28 March 2011 - 03:49 AM, said:

Its not just these posts he has been a dick. You stick to playing with yourself and stay out of my way knob

My reply.

TC

Now blocked.

TC

:laugh: Anyone else had one of these pm's?

russellpt6, on 28 March 2011 - 03:49 AM, said:

Its not just these posts he has been a dick. You stick to playing with yourself and stay out of my way knob

My reply.

TC

Now blocked.

TC

I assume 'he' is me :laugh:

Finally i have worked out what this is all about. If you don't have enough money to feed your ferrets why don't you get jobs and stop claiming benefits. As for knowing more than any vet you must wake up from your dream world. Also i never claimed to be a hunter. I am a farmer who uses ferrets and lurchers to control rabbits on my family's farms. So does that answer your questions. By the way the other guy on here is not me so you are wasting your time. I have had a lot of messages from people on here and they all say the same things about you guys. Totally funny people thanks :laugh:

• Like 1

Finally i have worked out what this is all about. If you don't have enough money to feed your ferrets why don't you get jobs and stop claiming benefits. As for knowing more than any vet you must wake up from your dream world. Also i never claimed to be a hunter. I am a farmer who uses ferrets and lurchers to control rabbits on my family's farms. So does that answer your questions. By the way the other guy on here is not me so you are wasting your time. I have had a lot of messages from people on here and they all say the same things about you guys. Totally funny people thanks :laugh:

So you are not ACTUALLY going to tell us why dried food is better than meat for your ferrets? Is that because you don't have an answer?

Your a joke wee man :laugh:

what works for one lad may not work for the rest of you !! .Thats what beening said you f******G muppit .each to ther own . ther is nowt wrong with feeding raw meat or dry food they have both got good points and bad points. what ever work for you