Nothing left

I keep chickens and had some birds that were about 6 weeks old, one bird was obviously a cockerel that was surplus to requirements, so rung its neck.

Thought i would try it on the ferrets ,,,,,

Went to check on ferrets before work and all that was left was a few feathers!!!!

Didnt think they would even eat the bones!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright matey boy, no one here has a problem with you hating on folk that are cruel to their ferrets, we all hate that. What got you the abuse, was straight off the bat claiming that anyone who fed a

Best food for ferrets is dried and it works out the cheapest. They can also have chicken, liver, rabbit, mince and the odd boiled egg but not too often as it can make there fur fall out. Personally i

Works out cheaper ?? Than free stuff you get in the field which also contains free liver kidney and hearts ,?? You been on the piss today , lol

Posted Images

.your not feeding day old chickens though are you ? if so dont :wallbash: but sayiny that they are ok from time to time as a treat .when you are feeding a ferret you should think about getting as much porteins in to them as you can because ferrets have high energy level needs because they have a lot shorter digesive tract than CATS or dog (NEVER FEED YOUR FERRET CAT FOOD EVERY DAY ITS NO GOOD FOR THEM). any meat but NOT pork,OR A GOOD DRY FOOD befor you get a dry food go for one that as high portein content in .the high the better ie VITALIN IS 40% PROTEIN and alpha ferret feast is 36% protein and james wellbeloved is all so 36% protein. (james welbeloved can send ther teeth yellow) if you ARE work them alot in the season then you should be feeding vitalin , and feed vitalin when they have kits .then drop them down to a food with 36 % in. when not the above :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by burny2011

We are feeding carcasses after the legs ,wings and breasts have been removed , the guys i get it for feed it to ferrets and dogs .When i went today the lassy said youv'e had eleven hundred kilos since November far better than day old which i wouldn't touch now and a change from rabbits for the ferrets

just keep away from day old chickens and pork and dog and CAT foods and watch out for the protein levels in dry foods the higher the better for ferrets :thumbs: no lower than 34% for your ferrets when feeding dry food to ferrets

I feed both my staffordshire bull terriers the 'barf' diet which means for those who dont know,,,, raw beef mince, chicken mince,lamb mince, tripe. mixed with raw fruit and veg (you dont have to go mad on the fruit and veg, we use tesco value frozen veg)

the meat must be frozen first, and you cant use pork for dogs either.

I use ferret feast dried food for the ferrets mainly, but have started using the odd defrosted beef mince