Bull Lurcher called Pi?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You out crossed to a grandson of pie, that don't make him pie line, a line is based on one dog pie in this case and line bred to keep the blood strong with little outcross. Your pup features it once f

just to say well done to the lads who first bred them

if Whin is ok then thats sound bud, but to state that about fezz on a open forum and not knowing the lad in my eyes is out of order, you cant judge a person until meeting them face to face, regarding

Posted Images

You know your stuff on this line bosun.Ice is the bitch on the right owned by a mate of mine.

Thanks Pipi but there are far more knowlagable lads than me on this stuff. Never seen Ice in the flesh but heard all good stuff about her, bonny bitch too, did your mate get anything from her? :thumbs:

You know your stuff on this line bosun.Ice is the bitch on the right owned by a mate of mine.

Thanks Pipi but there are far more knowlagable lads than me on this stuff. Never seen Ice in the flesh but heard all good stuff about her, bonny bitch too, did your mate get anything from her? :thumbs:

Ye mate a dog called thor which also turned out to be a good dog.both dogs dead now tho.Thor sired a few bitches round here incudeing mine which was the sister to yours if you remember the bitch on the left of that pic. :thumbs:

hello mate'' great pic'' how was ice breed... ATB..B just seen the post above the pic mate.. :thumbs: ATB..B

Edited by busher

Bosun does the man who owned/bred(if the same)Pie still have stuff bred down from him or did he let it die out? How many litters were bred out of the dog altogether?

Bosun does the man who owned/bred(if the same)Pie still have stuff bred down from him or did he let it die out? How many litters were bred out of the dog altogether?

The Pie (Pye) dog had two owners mate, one lads name is on this thred. Neither tried to keep a line going as such but both had dogs off him. He was also put at open stud with one of his owners and lined a fair number of bitches, it would be fair to say some of the linings shouldn't have happened and didn't do the dogs name any favours!

It was a few lads that seen the dog at work that kept 'the right' stuff out of him, lads that knew the dogs worth but that gene pool of tight bred stuff is getting fewer by the year.

It's quite funny reading threds like this and thinking back. These days, only through this site, i know of so many bull bred dogs with 'reputations' and the lines bred out of 'em. When I got my first Pye bred dog I only knew of one other name dog, 'ol Lens 'Terrrminaator' and i never fancied anythin out of that!

I was just lucky to know some good honest lads that had a very well bred, good honest dog and from what I seen of the dog and stuff out of him, I knew that that'd do me and if I kept it tight would do me for the forseable future BUT for anyone reading this that thinks Pye, or any other name dog is something almost 'mithical', well think again, because he was created by simply putting the best to the best and then working the nuts off it!! If anyone here is totaly honest and keen, they could create the same thing!

• Like 2

The Pie (Pye) dog had two owners mate, one lads name is on this thred. Neither tried to keep a line going as such but both had dogs off him. He was also put at open stud with one of his owners and lined a fair number of bitches, it would be fair to say some of the linings shouldn't have happened and didn't do the dogs name any favours!

It was a few lads that seen the dog at work that kept 'the right' stuff out of him, lads that knew the dogs worth but that gene pool of tight bred stuff is getting fewer by the year.

It's quite funny reading threds like this and thinking back. These days, only through this site, i know of so many bull bred dogs with 'reputations' and the lines bred out of 'em. When I got my first Pye bred dog I only knew of one other name dog, 'ol Lens 'Terrrminaator' and i never fancied anythin out of that!

I was just lucky to know some good honest lads that had a very well bred, good honest dog and from what I seen of the dog and stuff out of him, I knew that that'd do me and if I kept it tight would do me for the forseable future BUT for anyone reading this that thinks Pye, or any other name dog is something almost 'mithical', well think again, because he was created by simply putting the best to the best and then working the nuts off it!! If anyone here is totaly honest and keen, they could create the same thing!

great reply... :thumbs:.. ATB..B

Dont get me wrong Bosun,I dont ask out of being awestruck by legendary dogs.What interests me greatly and and goes onto my radar are dogs that are said to work to a high standard and are good producers.A good producing line in any type of dog is in my experience very hard to find and I also find that to be a continually producing line,it has to be kept very tight and bred back into itself.I have seen/owned and heard off some excellent working dogs that never,when bred,even to different dogs and bitches,ever produced a decent pup.I beleive the crossing off two separate high producing lines can also potentially have a very good outcome.My position is,I breed dogs for myself and beleive its about the working pedigree and producing ability,so Im a bit of freak for wanting to know about other producing lines,thats all.I think a good half dog can be easy to produce but something that will provide you with working dogs for generations to come is an entirely differant matter.

Dont get me wrong Bosun,I dont ask out of being awestruck by legendary dogs.What interests me greatly and and goes onto my radar are dogs that are said to work to a high standard and are good producers.A good producing line in any type of dog is in my experience very hard to find and I also find that to be a continually producing line,it has to be kept very tight and bred back into itself.I have seen/owned and heard off some excellent working dogs that never,when bred,even to different dogs and bitches,ever produced a decent pup.I beleive the crossing off two separate high producing lines can also potentially have a very good outcome.My position is,I breed dogs for myself and beleive its about the working pedigree and producing ability,so Im a bit of freak for wanting to know about other producing lines,thats all.I think a good half dog can be easy to produce but something that will provide you with working dogs for generations to come is an entirely differant matter.

No mate, that wasn't aimed at yourself, it was just in general as so many read these posts.

I do think one of Pye's many qualitys was that when put back to his own stuff and the line kept tight, he was a damn good producer, i've seen, worked and owned enough of 'em to know that and your dead right, that is very hard to find! :thumbs: