coursing dogs would like everyone to show me yours !!!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back to the mid 70's to the lurcher with hairy blood. That may mean back to the late 60's to the beddy or Deerhound that infused that coat pattern. In Boxers an outcross was made only in the 90's to

So he's a Saluki/Greyhound Hybrid; not a pure Saluki x Saluki/Greyhound ? Looks very nice, good luck with him. Cheers.

I hear you Whin but the saluki was coursing all manner of game several thousand years before the concept of hairy lurchers was ever dreamt of. Coat colour and texture is mainly a construct of western

Posted Images

dogs019.jpg

dogs018.jpg

dogs017.jpg

dogs016.jpg

dogs015.jpg

dogs013.jpg

dogs011.jpg

dogs010.jpg

dogs009.jpg

dogs008.jpg

dogs007.jpg

dogs006.jpg

dogs005.jpg

dogs004.jpg

dogs003.jpg

dogs001.jpg

Dont meen to be a c**t but theese dogs look really flat footed or is it just me?

could be the way there standing or just the pic,cant realy judge a dog by looking at a pic

True pal but them feet dont look the best in my eyes, just my opion tho

• Like 1

philkemp they were bred to catch things not to look nice and beleive me for their age they are catching very well .look at a lot of saluki crosses and they have not got cat feet. true story the litter i bred before these was approx 10 year ago all had brilliant cat feet the one i kept was stunning she won 13 championships as a puppy but she was also bred for work. before she was 2 yr old she was retired with broken toes and damaged tendons so perfect feet didnt count for a lot in her case .and te day those photos were taken they were in soft ground so doesnt look the .the one bitch is very flat footed but she was recently bought back as the owner who bought her had her locked up in a pen for over 10 months without ever going out .and we ended up giving him double what he paid for her just to get her back off him .

philkemp they were bred to catch things not to look nice and beleive me for their age they are catching very well .look at a lot of saluki crosses and they have not got cat feet. true story the litter i bred before these was approx 10 year ago all had brilliant cat feet the one i kept was stunning she won 13 championships as a puppy but she was also bred for work. before she was 2 yr old she was retired with broken toes and damaged tendons so perfect feet didnt count for a lot in her case .and te day those photos were taken they were in soft ground so doesnt look the .the one bitch is very flat footed but she was recently bought back as the owner who bought her had her locked up in a pen for over 10 months without ever going out .and we ended up giving him double what he paid for her just to get her back off him .

Ok pal was'nt having a do it was just my opion, ive always found it the other way round tho we my dogs i own 1 we not the best feet and she was getting toe injuries quite reguler but the one i own we really good feet from a lot of road and bike work on the road from my part has never had 1 toe/foot injury and they get run on sum tuff ground up dales atb Phil

no probs phil kemp the point i was trying to make was feet get injured no matter what if they are tight up on toes or longer flatter lika a lot of saluki crosses have .the mother of the pup i mentioned above also had tight cat feet but quite a few of her toes ended up broken after a few years .running hard .

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...