Rock Piles

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a rock pile we have worked in the past, most of the land is like this

looks like yours are used to travelling them rock holes anyway. I only used to avoid the short legged, and barrel chested types...   I always enjoyed reading the stories from G.D (rip) in the EDRD

one that comes back out alive

Posted Images

i was out this season with a couple of lads , we did something iv never done before , we worked rock piles with terriers ,it was a cracking day , some good dogs and a bit of dodgy driving lol /

a question for some of you lads that may work these piles a lot , what kind of terrier do you think makes a good rock dog ???? thanks for any replys

Robbie ...........

one that comes back out alive :thumbs:

smart arse :thumbs: :thumbs: never worked piles before but id say one with a good nose,staying power,steady on there feet,not overly hard but one that will shift a the fox when needs be,and preferably one that will work the fox outta the pile because some can be deep and then ye got a excavation on yer hands :blink: :blink: :blink: i take my hat off to any you lads out there who love the old rocks

working rock piles usually after hounds have marked , my reply was not meant to be smart arse just my honest opinion rock piles and boron's have been the cause of the loss of many a good terrier , at one the other week bolted the fox twice he ran back in at different locations , rocks can be a maze , even with a bf a nightmare , some times its better to walk a way , some times its better to leave a gun to sit and wait for Charley to walk out , some times he might have already bolted out of sight , one that comes out alive is still my choice, not for no reason the fell packs used to run terriers coupled

calm doon lar it wasnt meant like that lol

i was out this season with a couple of lads , we did something iv never done before , we worked rock piles with terriers ,it was a cracking day , some good dogs and a bit of dodgy driving lol /

a question for some of you lads that may work these piles a lot , what kind of terrier do you think makes a good rock dog ???? thanks for any replys

Robbie ...........

smart arse :thumbs: :thumbs: never worked piles before but id say one with a good nose,staying power,steady on there feet,not overly hard but one that will shift a the fox when needs be,and preferably one that will work the fox outta the pile because some can be deep and then ye got a excavation on yer hands :blink: :blink: :blink: i take my hat off to any you lads out there who love the old rocks

working rock piles usually after hounds have marked , my reply was not meant to be smart arse just my honest opinion rock piles and boron's have been the cause of the loss of many a good terrier , at one the other week bolted the fox twice he ran back in at different locations , rocks can be a maze , even with a bf a nightmare , some times its better to walk a way , some times its better to leave a gun to sit and wait for Charley to walk out , some times he might have already bolted out of sight , one that comes out alive is still my choice, not for no reason the fell packs used to run terriers coupled

calm doon lar it wasnt meant like that lol

:laugh: just rememberd who poo is :doh:

Robbie ...........

Thats a long post for ye hippy :laugh:

we work rock piles all the time what is usefull is a jibber one that goes in hell for leather scruffs hold then after 2 mins of stick sits back a bit and yips they then normally bolt if charloie dont come out after 20 mins if you can call the dog out even better charlie will then flick out but if my pack are marking rock piles i can honestly say i dread it. theres quite a few down here who work the piles and i would like to hear from some moorman1?