Who on this forum would say they are travellers

3rd gen Irish/scottish great grand father Irish traveller,first job Idid "trainee shepherd"worked one or two days with travellers told me they were decended from the kings of scotland took to the road (ireland)after culloden to escape persecution.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was never meant to be be against anyone, i take everyone as i find them..

iTs just as i read posts some more people than i thought would seem to have careers within working dogs etc!!

The Keepers i know/beat for/elp out are anti lurchers, i'm the only person in a group of about 30-40 people that has one and works it! the hunt don't mind them and put on a show but there not into it!!

the keepers/stalkers that have described it as a pikeysport....cos of what they read in papers/media, hardly anyones into it round here as the ground is hit for it......loa`ds of woods and fences, and small fields

Just wondering who's who?? and what they do etc

I know theres good and bad in all and not making any character assasinations just wondering who the majority of dog runners are??

Edut>> To say Marco, i'd say Traveller, cos of your post and tattos!! Sound guy, nice family, respectful kids, lovely Mrs(who makes a great cuppa) and looks after dogs well!!

Again not a dislike post just intrigued

Edited by dickyboy

Unbelievable how a question like this can be spoken about so freely these days...myself ive no problem with any travelling lads or lasses anywhere,ive a few pals,been involved with a few lasses,all were travellers/gypsies however you want to word it.

What gets my goat is this...what would happen if i posted a question asking " how many of you all like niggers "...or " how many of you all like pakis"....there would be uproar....

I recently went to a game...southend were playing and you would not believe the stick freddy eastwood got from the crowd...as footie supporters we are constantly being bombarded at every game we go to about racial stuff....we are having it stuffed down our throats at every ground in the country...yet a young gypsy boy,a good player i might add,gets shit like this and nothing is said....had the crowd been shouting out " you dirty NIGGER b*****d,you dirty NIGGER b*****d "...instead of "you dirty p***y b*****d "...the ground would have ended up half empty with arrests and banning orders..

As long as you all done mind listening to peoples opinions about niggers pakis kurds bosnians and all the other shit we have to put up with in this country then fine discuss travellers...but if you dont want to hear all of it then dont discuss part of it !

Guest alastair
I am a traveller and f*****g proud of what i am :yes: im not a theif and work very hard for what i have. My familly have had lurchers and terriers as far back as they can trace, and still are hunting and coursing as we speak. Certain people class us all the same :yes: with there big words over a screen and id like to bet face to face with a traveller they would shit :laugh: ive seen some lowlifes in my time from all warks of life BUT FOR ME the lowest of the low come from council estate SMACK HEADS....BURGLARS....TEENAGE VICKY POLLARDS :laugh: TATTOOS SPELT WRONG ON KIDS....13 YEAR OLD GIRLS PUSHING PRAMS WITH A FAG ON THERE LIPS....HOODY'S.....AND TO TOP IT OF LAZY FUCKERS WAITING FOR THERE GIRO :yes: i could go on and on ,so when all you badmouth travellers try looking a little closer to home :drink:

could nt of said it better myself.good and bad in all kinds.got a knife pulled on me before xmas on my property and they drove

off in my 4x4,sounded like pikeys 3 brave lads against me a my 2 young girls,bon fire night may come early this year. :yes: got good traveller mates from years back and they have been loyal mates.

Edited by alastair

this isn't a like them or not topic....i genuinely don't care who is liked and who isn't!!!

I would be perfectly happy to ask how many people from ethnic minorities hunt and use this site!!! No qualms either way!! Just finding out who the like minded people are, people are different we all know that theres no point ignoring it, but i don't judge people on who they are their back grounds, religions and race! If there up for the crack and into their hunting then we'll probably get along

I take one guy out hunting who is black!! he's the only black guy i've known to be into hunting!! fact no racism!!!!

So cut the shit out about discrimination.......there was never any implied.....i just want to know if its travellers/gypsies/tinkers who do most of the hunting or is it your gamekeepers sons, pest controllers etc etc who do the running???

Guest alastair
this isn't a like them or not topic....i genuinely don't care who is liked and who isn't!!!

I would be perfectly happy to ask how many people from ethnic minorities hunt and use this site!!! No qualms either way!! Just finding out who the like minded people are, people are different we all know that theres no point ignoring it, but i don't judge people on who they are their back grounds, religions and race! If there up for the crack and into their hunting then we'll probably get along

I take one guy out hunting who is black!! he's the only black guy i've known to be into hunting!! fact no racism!!!!

So cut the shit out about discrimination.......there was never any implied.....i just want to know if its travellers/gypsies/tinkers who do most of the hunting or is it your gamekeepers sons, pest controllers etc etc who do the running???

hi dickyboy most travellers will not let on much ,prefer to tell people what they think you want to hear,or skirt round the subject.

fair point alistair!! just when i gat all the shit at work about being a 'p***y' (and i don't think i could be further from it-not that i would care either way but my family just isn't) and being told that lurchers are for pikeys and running dogs is a p***y sport then i got me thinking is it???

But anyway as people seem to read so much into everything....can a mod remove this at some point.....i can see people startin to row over it....and racism isn't good on the forum!!

Exactly my point...lets discuss race,just as long as we dont offend blacks or browns !! you cant have it both ways mate...ok you want to discuss gypsies on this occasion,but if i wanted to discuss blacks on the next occasion i wouldnt get 3 words out before the racism card was being thrown at me,and you know it !

Like the other post about gypsies on this board at the moment,if that same language was being used about blacks or browns there would be uproar.Its always the same,we can talk about race as long as we dont offend the poor oppressed blacks and browns.

You got one thing right,best not to start a discussion about race on a hunting board, maybe mods could remove this and the other one.

Edited by gnasher16
I am a traveller and f*****g proud of what i am :yes: im not a theif and work very hard for what i have. My familly have had lurchers and terriers as far back as they can trace, and still are hunting and coursing as we speak. Certain people class us all the same :yes: with there big words over a screen and id like to bet face to face with a traveller they would shit :laugh: ive seen some lowlifes in my time from all warks of life BUT FOR ME the lowest of the low come from council estate SMACK HEADS....BURGLARS....TEENAGE VICKY POLLARDS :laugh: TATTOOS SPELT WRONG ON KIDS....13 YEAR OLD GIRLS PUSHING PRAMS WITH A FAG ON THERE LIPS....HOODY'S.....AND TO TOP IT OF LAZY FUCKERS WAITING FOR THERE GIRO :yes: i could go on and on ,so when all you badmouth travellers try looking a little closer to home :drink:

well said braveheart the gammy dice suvvers as they is them gojas are divs just like some of the juks they keep a traveller wouldnt keep the rubbish they have the best rabbiting men i have walked with have been travellers hey and you dont see their women in the pub nor feeding the kids out of farm foods

gnasher its the world we live in i suppose---everyone has to get an someone for something.....this is a computer screen so no one really knows whos telling the truth but its all arguing the whole time...

No just proper chats!!

I just wanted to see what the cross secton of lurcher enthusiasts were but i don't think that can happen!!