Once And For All Are Boosters A Con

Well got news for you fellas my dad works in making and designing these types of vaccines and also designs and test performance enhancing products for dogs. Boosters ARE nessecery now as they've change the way the vaccine works before it used to give you dog small amounts of each virus to train and teach your dogs immune system to fight the viruses and as a result have better immunity for life, similar to our meningitis jabs and such, well that's all changed. company's who make the vaccines realised much more money could be made by altering the vaccine to work in another method it now works in a different manner instead of improving the immune system it works by staying active in the dogs body in the same way flea drops work. It steps in before the immune system to distroy the virus and after 12 months that sytems disapates then it's just luck if your dog doesn't come in contact with it if you dont have a bosster to put that defence back. They call this new vaccine the live vaccine I think this is why now dogs need it every 12 months as it only stay live for that amount of time, I'm lucky with my dad being in the business to know these things but to you guys who think the vaccine last longer then 12 months are mistaken. Vets obviously love this new vaccine as more money is made and same to the companies who manufacture the vaccine . Hope I've helped clear this up for you lads and lasses and just hope it sinks in lol

i thaut live vaccines have been around for ages? Nobivac parvo-c is a live vaccine, if you look at the clinical data it states the immunity lasts for at least 3 years. the reason its called live is because its a small dose of the actual illness that you want them to get immunity to and can be shed in small amounts for 8 days after vaccination and the animal can show symptoms of the illness vaccinated against, most vaccines start out as live vaccines. the safer vaccines are now killed so there is no risk of shedding the disease/virus after vaccination or showing the clinical symptoms of the illness vaccinated against. feel free to correct me on that :thumbs:

Well got news for you fellas my dad works in making and designing these types of vaccines and also designs and test performance enhancing products for dogs. Boosters ARE nessecery now as they've change the way the vaccine works before it used to give you dog small amounts of each virus to train and teach your dogs immune system to fight the viruses and as a result have better immunity for life, similar to our meningitis jabs and such, well that's all changed. company's who make the vaccines realised much more money could be made by altering the vaccine to work in another method it now works in a different manner instead of improving the immune system it works by staying active in the dogs body in the same way flea drops work. It steps in before the immune system to distroy the virus and after 12 months that sytems disapates then it's just luck if your dog doesn't come in contact with it if you dont have a bosster to put that defence back. They call this new vaccine the live vaccine I think this is why now dogs need it every 12 months as it only stay live for that amount of time, I'm lucky with my dad being in the business to know these things but to you guys who think the vaccine last longer then 12 months are mistaken. Vets obviously love this new vaccine as more money is made and same to the companies who manufacture the vaccine . Hope I've helped clear this up for you lads and lasses and just hope it sinks in lol

i thaut live vaccines have been around for ages? Nobivac parvo-c is a live vaccine, if you look at the clinical data it states the immunity lasts for at least 3 years. the reason its called live is because its a small dose of the actual illness that you want them to get immunity to and can be shed in small amounts for 8 days after vaccination and the animal can show symptoms of the illness vaccinated against, most vaccines start out as live vaccines. the safer vaccines are now killed so there is no risk of shedding the disease/virus after vaccination or showing the clinical symptoms of the illness vaccinated against. feel free to correct me on that :thumbs:

http://www.intervet.co.uk/Products_Public/Nobivac_Parvo_C/090_Product_Datasheet.aspx

3 years as you said. Of course vets would prefer you to get it done every 12 months as vaccinations and neutering are the bulk of their customers and bollocks don't often grow back.

the post I put up was a interpretation to what my dad told me obviously it's not 100% as the info is second hand. My dad is the best one to explain it as its his area of expertise. He forgets sometimes I havnt got the same brain as him and goes so technical into things. All I know is the booster is a must and for all you guys who Want the actual science behind it i'l leave for my dad to explain lol.

the post I put up was a interpretation to what my dad told me obviously it's not 100% as the info is second hand. My dad is the best one to explain it as its his area of expertise. He forgets sometimes I havnt got the same brain as him and goes so technical into things. All I know is the booster is a must and for all you guys who Want the actual science behind it i'l leave for my dad to explain lol.

Are you a Vet? :hmm:

get your dad to post mate and explane what your trying to get at. i dont miss boosters, i just give them what they need when they need it. i must admit i over vaccinate for parvo simply because i live in a parvo hotspot. atb :thumbs:

I've four dogs, 3 whippets and a labrador all come into contact with alsorts of things. My vet charges £17 for a booster which i believe is a small price to pay. Afterall it works out at £1.31 per week!! thats not even a half a pint in my local.

• Like 1

Mine gets done once a year but it's not the full booster every year as the vaccines last longer.My vet alternates as required. Must be done as kennels will not accept dogs without jabs which would mean no holidays for me and i have no wish to have an ill dog just to save a few quid. :no:

I suspect a lot of those who do not get their dogs jabbed live in rural locations without large numbers of strangers dogs and their shite in close contact like parks etc.

Thats nowt mate, my Dad drives a JCB.

No but he has shares gifted to him by his Pa. :laugh:

No but he has shares gifted to him by his Pa. :laugh:

:laugh: ...i reckon your right.... :yes::D

never have had a dog jabed for anything and they all seem to live alot longer than most other dogs that are kept as pets. Even with the jabs the dogs can still be infected and even with treatment can die so for me it is a waist of money.