• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LuckOrJudgement
      Hello to the mole catchers. I only recently discovered these forums & Hunting Life. Lots of interesting stuff posted on here.
      Part of my duties as a maintenance man on a private estate is pest control and that's how I got into mole catching. I'd done plenty of rats, mice, wasps and ants etc before the mole hills started bubbling up, so I found an old Duffus in a drawer and went from there. I started doing private mole jobs last year - all gardens so far - and have started generating a useful 2nd income out of it. Just beer money at the moment but more than enough for a few pints. I like the work and am fascinated by all the different traps and their suitability to different situations. I use a lot of Traplines and I'd be interested to have other opinions on them - the good, the bad and the ugly if you like. Although I carry Duffus and Talpex, I've gotten into the bad habit of defaulting to tlines which has revealed that certain moles won't have anything to do with them - they seem to just chuck 'em out the way. They also often fire without catching. Not on every job, but often enough to remind me that there is always another tool for the job. I really like the Trapline, and I'm working on refining my setting technique constantly. Just wondered what other mole men's experiences with them were. And to say hello.
    • By Tom Crichton
      Hi all,what does everyone use as a mole probe?I have done a search but there wasnt that much on the subject,also what do you think of the flatpack one?worth the money?
    • By Matt
      Just out of interest......

Which trap do you reach for first? You can explain why if you choose.

For me, it's the Duffus every time, although I can see the attraction of the Talpex type traps.
    • By unclepesta
      come on guys n girls a bit of fun whats your record catch in a season? i know this is gonna show some very big numbers from some of you agricultural mole catchers of present or past,honesty please,its gonna be multiple thousands we know but please say of you best season even if very small.dont be shy,i expect some beginers to be shocked and even disbelieve some figures, my catch is small compared to most agri trappers lets say 1500 modestly for myself to start it off over many jobs,so come on king mole who are you!
    • By unclepesta
      anyone know talpex manufacters direct?are they in germany?website if one or contact?