dog or bitch cocker?

Posted a while ago about my mate planning for his cocker bitch to have pups. Well a stud dog has been chosen (he's an absolute cracker!) and we're going tomorrow for the deed to take place.

So im gona be having pick of the litter but not sure if i should have dog or bitch. Iv only ever had two lab bitches before so never trained a dog.

Help please. :hmm:

sam

http://www.arielskennels.com/male_vs_female.htm

I have two bitches, a lab and a springer. the lab is stubborn, marks territory and if given an inch takes a mile, and sometimes is infuriating. The springer was much more timid dog when she was a pup, afraid of everything, now listens better than the labrador to commands and is quicker to react to them. The lab is better trained though.

Also depends if you want to be going through with all the trouble of there seasons. I would have got dogs but my mother would only have bitches so that settled it.

i own a cocker bitch and work her in shotley bridge mate which isnt far from you she grafts all day and thick cover doesnt bother this little bitch so a bitch is my choice mate

post-57910-0-07435800-1300625766_thumb.jpg

Wait till the dog serves the bitch and if he does then wait till she has the pups if she does,not everything goes to plan,you know the sayingDONT COUNT YOUR CHICKENS TILL THEY HATCH.

Yep i do know that obviously. Shes been served twice. Once on friday and again tonight. So now waiting for nature to do the rest.

Cheers for the other replies

Posted a while ago about my mate planning for his cocker bitch to have pups. Well a stud dog has been chosen (he's an absolute cracker!) and we're going tomorrow for the deed to take place.

So im gona be having pick of the litter but not sure if i should have dog or bitch. Iv only ever had two lab bitches before so never trained a dog.

Help please. :hmm:

sam

Bitch