Jagds on coon

Tim, you do as you please, but you gotta know that this is such a wide open forum, that tons of antis around the world watch what is posted here. Whether legal or not in your state I don't know. I do know where I am at,that this just happened last month, http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2011/02/man_whose_dog_killed_raccoon_p.html , I would hate to have anything happen like that to you, but man I'd say putting up video like that can only increase the scrutiny of both yourself personally and of the hunting of raccoons with dogs across the board. Best to leave a low profile to no profile at all in my opinion. I think its just better to not give the antis ammunition to take us down, farm work or home invasion by critters or whatever, the laws are changing and its not in our favor. Paul

he should put that dog up for stud he would make a fortune

unfortunately they are standing for it all over the place. but make a note my youngest are 5 in july. when they hit 18 and go off to the Marines i'll start hunting another kind of vermin. i'll be after the kind that think it's okay to oppress and bully their neighbors and destroy generations of tradition.

I hear ya Pops. Too many have stood by for too long watching our rights dwindle.

In Wisconsin we can't "disturb a burrow, nest or den" of any species at any time, ever. What kinda cr*p is that?!!! Dog did his job, now I can't do right by him: flush the quarry or dispatch it and let him proudly carry it as his reward for a job well done? It's what he lives for, for feck's sake! Soooo Bogus! I've watched the hunting regs go from 25 pages in my youth to six 50 page booklets of regs now. In NoDak, its all on one 8-1/2 x 11" sheet and they even have room for some maps!

Not only can't use this size or type of shot for this species (Should be my decision, not Big Brother's.), but cannot possess it while hunting another species. So I'm hunting Waterfowl and can't have lead shot on me even though I always see Pheas, Tree Rats (Grey and Fox Squirrels), Rabbits, etc on the walk to the marsh. Try using steel on the Upland Species you say? I've watched #4 steel bounce off Pheas and Mallards and they went away unharmed. Plus the cost: Lead = $7/box of 25, Steel = $17/box, Hevi-Shot = $32-67/box. (Hevi will do the job though!)

I am trusted to walk the woods with a firearm: why am I not trusted enough to put the steel in my left pocket and lead in my right??? Frickin panty-waist, nanny-state, (I better stop now).