Jagds on coon

Well, I dont get to get on here very often but I thought I would add short video of my 6 year old sons pup and my bitch on a coon that the pup located in a old beaver den. The pup is 8 mothns old now and well on his way. He has been on 4 coons now with the female.

Tim

Edited by jagdterrier

Do you do much earth work with them? I understand on the continent they are a bit of a jack of all trades, do you use yours similarly or solely as earth dogs?

As for the vid, not my thing really, I would got in there and finished things asap. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Do you do much earth work with them? I understand on the continent they are a bit of a jack of all trades, do you use yours similarly or solely as earth dogs?

As for the vid, not my thing really, I would got in there and finished things asap. Just my opinion.

Have to agree,it dont look very sporting,but everyone to there own and nice pair of terriers.

Tim, you do as you please, but you gotta know that this is such a wide open forum, that tons of antis around the world watch what is posted here. Whether legal or not in your state I don't know. I do know where I am at,that this just happened last month, http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2011/02/man_whose_dog_killed_raccoon_p.html , I would hate to have anything happen like that to you, but man I'd say putting up video like that can only increase the scrutiny of both yourself personally and of the hunting of raccoons with dogs across the board. Best to leave a low profile to no profile at all in my opinion. I think its just better to not give the antis ammunition to take us down, farm work or home invasion by critters or whatever, the laws are changing and its not in our favor. Paul

And I know that my stance on this is not a popular one with most folks, that I can be labeled a wuss or scared or etc etc. Thats fine, fire your words at me , but its not gonna be the guys who hunt and keep their business to themselves that are feeding the antis file, which is leading to stricter and tougher laws against what we do. Its the very public, very graphic displays by few who are helping to wreck it all. Feck I hate scolding on someone who is out there doing it , for real and is not just a keyboard hunter, but at the same time we have to have self restraint when posting that sort of thing.

She is one tuff bitch that gets the job done quick and with ease. She will go to ground no problem at all. There are some spots that are hard on her to get into but for the most part she does well. This pup is coming along nicely.

As far as me stepping into end things quickly, this is only a one minute video. She shuts them down so quick there is no need for any help. Believe me, I have had a bunch of holes in these boots from helping from time to time. If she if fact needed the help, I am there to give her help. As you can see she handles them fine on her own.

When it comes to the antis, I do nothing here illegal. I do not post pics or videos often. I just thought I would share a little on these dogs. I welcome ASPCA, PETA, or any other anti organization with open arms.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Tim

Tim , did you click on the video in my link? the dog in that video got it done quicker than what was shown in your video. And that is not a rip on your terriers, instead I am hoping that you will see that a video of an even quicker kill than the one you posted got a fella in trouble with the law. And as for welcoming the aspca or peta into your life? Thats just big bold talk, cause they can turn a hunting home life upside down right quick. Again do as you will, but inviting that attention to yourself and to the work people do with their terriers can only bring us closer to what has happened in the UK. I have spoken my peace, Happy Hunting. Paul

Not to start an argument with ya Tim, but both dogs are long on enthusiasm and short on technique. One had the coon by the foreleg and cheek most of the time and the other never let go of the butt. Like you said, only one minute, but that minute wasn't real promising. Keep in mind it's you that chose to showcase that particular minute.

I'm all for varmit control, do it myself. Very unfortunate, but Hastings is right. In the current climate we shouldn't be giving the anti's ammo.

I second that. Doesn't matter what's legal. It should be kept on the down low. America doesn't necessarily protect our right to hunt. No cougar or bear hunting in Oregon... It's too cruel and unsportsman like evidently. We're in a class war here on the American Continent as much as anywhere else. We've got to watch our step.

Mate, i think the comments about ending things early weren't to help your bitch but to show respect to the quarry........

That was my point indeed. Doesnt prove anything letting an earthdog finish its game on top. They certainly should do but no need to prove it. And certainly no need to film it.

But its your way fella and im not knocking that really, just saying its not my way. But filming it is deffinately a no no.

Hope this doesnt stop you posting though. We Brits are somewhat jealous of you yanks and the game you have available to you. Keep us updated on the pup to :thumbs: