Hi forum. just wanna offer my fish recipes. i have a few up my sleeve if anyone interested? maybe could do like a question and answer bit here? ie say u wanna treat the wife to lobster?? offer it up and i could give you some good easy to follow no nonsence quality recipes to get the best out your fish/do it justice.?? plus input from others, and its a winner!

ill offer up what i just ate: cod paella; easy!!

Ok 1 or 2 onions, cut up, stick them in ur pan of olive oil/good oil i use a high temp. just soften them a bit/ 4mins. add 1or2 tins of chopped tommys 4 cloves of garlic and 2 red birds eye chillies, salt, pepper. stir a bit. 1 min. add the paelle rice, give it a good stir round, coat all the rice well. add pint of chicken/veg stock cook for another 6 mins on half power, maybe less. then add chunks of cod, as much as u like!! add some paprika(tesco 70p) stir well and let simmer all together for another 10/12 mins...serve.

bon appetite!

Hi forum. just wanna offer my fish recipes. i have a few up my sleeve if anyone interested? maybe could do like a question and answer bit here? ie say u wanna treat the wife to lobster?? offer it up and i could give you some good easy to follow no nonsence quality recipes to get the best out your fish/do it justice.?? plus input from others, and its a winner!

Ok 1 or 2 onions, cut up, stick them in ur pan of olive oil/good oil i use a high temp. just soften them a bit/ 4mins. add 1or2 tins of chopped tommys 4 cloves of garlic and 2 red birds eye chillies, salt, pepper. stir a bit. 1 min. add the paelle rice, give it a good stir round, coat all the rice well. add pint of chicken/veg stock cook for another 6 mins on half power, maybe less. then add chunks of cod, as much as u like!! add some paprika(tesco 70p) stir well and let simmer all together for another 10/12 mins...serve.

bon appetite!

sounds good but no saffron???? the scallops an black pudding now where talking :thumbs:

bon appetite!

sounds good but no saffron???? the scallops an black pudding now where talking :thumbs:

[bANNED TEXT] superb your dead on i should of added the saffron, but the first time i made this i went to tesco armed with me list and couldnt find saffron there(i think its dear aswel) so soldiered on without it and it tasted great so ive sorta stuck to it. Saying that i would love to try it with saffron and would really apperiate any advice on cost and where best to get it. many tthanks and enjoy!

mmmmm just thinking of other fish i like wanna share. mmmmm scollops and black pudding..mmmmmmm

any chance of one for brown trout thanks.

mmm yes mate, Ok believe it or not i cook brown trout exactly the same way i do black bream. I think it is great. you may have tried this way yourself? very simple. Ok gutted fish. I slice 4 times little slits down the body, from top to bottom. on one side only. Then simply just fill the slices up with garlic and butter and sometimes parsley or tyme. if you wanna you can beat them all up together and make a nice paste that you can get in the slits perfect with. I dont bother, i cram it in and let it fall out over the place! Ok then just place into a greased(with olive oil/good oil) bit of tin foil, wrap up and put in oven at 200 for 20 mins. I eat this on its own, no boiled pots or anything, but thats up 2 u, just a bit of a squezze of lemon and your sorted. ENJOY!!

Rainbow done on the bar b q is mmmmmmm just fillets bit of oil on then skin side down for 5 mins........yum yum

mmmmm just thinking of other fish i like wanna share. mmmmm scollops and black pudding..mmmmmmm

any chance of one for brown trout thanks.

mmm yes mate, Ok believe it or not i cook brown trout exactly the same way i do black bream. I think it is great. you may have tried this way yourself? very simple. Ok gutted fish. I slice 4 times little slits down the body, from top to bottom. on one side only. Then simply just fill the slices up with garlic and butter and sometimes parsley or tyme. if you wanna you can beat them all up together and make a nice paste that you can get in the slits perfect with. I dont bother, i cram it in and let it fall out over the place! Ok then just place into a greased(with olive oil/good oil) bit of tin foil, wrap up and put in oven at 200 for 20 mins. I eat this on its own, no boiled pots or anything, but thats up 2 u, just a bit of a squezze of lemon and your sorted. ENJOY!!

Rainbow done on the bar b q is mmmmmmm just fillets bit of oil on then skin side down for 5 mins........yum yum

thank you very much i havent tried it this way. i will certainly be giving a go. :thumbs:

Guest bullterrier

season your trout add a few knobs of butter a few slices of lemon now now rap the trout in a good few sheets of newspaper and soak in a bowl of cold water until soaked place on a baking tray and cook in the oven when the papers dry the fish is cooked a glass of wine and enjoy simple.:thumbs: ..john

season your trout add a few knobs of butter a few slices of lemon now now rap the trout in a good few sheets of newspaper and soak in a bowl of cold water until soaked place on a baking tray and cook in the oven when the papers dry the fish is cooked a glass of wine and enjoy simple.:thumbs: ..john

another one to try thanks :thumbs:

after the bbq is finished wrap a rainbow trout in tin foil then put it in the ashes for breakfast next morning .

after the bbq is finished wrap a rainbow trout in tin foil then put it in the ashes for breakfast next morning .

yet another one to try many thanks :thumbs:

Easy and very tasty fish pie

boil spuds

boil cod or any other white fish ( whiting, pollock, ling etc, etc,)or a mixture of all of them

do not add salmon or shrimps

i boil fish in salted water leave fish to cool remove skin remove fish in chunks and place in deep pie dish

mix Colman's onion sauce following instructions on packet and pore over fish chunks

mash spuds and completely cover fish

then grate cheese over the mash

place in oven or under grill or at a push if you can't wait in micro wave

remove and enjoy :yes:

mike