Phil K's, small hare dog?

When I was hunting in the company of P.K. and others down there I always detected a reluctance to give credit to saluki blood. They always seemed to want to play up the fraction of a dogs breeding which wasn't saluki. Although I haven't seen P in 5 or 6 years I still regard him as a friend so I'll accept his version of the breeding but it hardly matters to me as I've never owned any Irish Lady dogs.

However in my own head I always say If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck........... :yes:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6 and half mins on a hare and people are saying it jacked surely the dog would have jacked well before 6 mins by the sounds off it the dog just meet a better animal on the day and that was the hare

That's a very valid point Iceman, a lot of people don't realise how hard it is to have a dog in the right condition, going from here to the fens, if they're only used to running small fields....no mat

as said on a earlyer post it was gettin straight lined for a minute or so so it run out of steam [bANNED TEXT] then like in ireland you would never see a race that long so the dog would be ok over the

Posted Images

When I was hunting in the company of P.K. and others down there I always detected a reluctance to give credit to saluki blood. They always seemed to want to play up the fraction of a dogs breeding which wasn't saluki. Although I haven't seen P in 5 or 6 years I still regard him as a friend so I'll accept his version of the breeding but it hardly matters to me as I've never owned any Irish Lady dogs.

However in my own head I always say If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck........... :yes:

get the tape up and it will settle it for once and for all and the dog did not stop on his next hare when the first race was over the dog was not on his feet so if thats jacking i would thake one of those dogs every time from the time he was sliped until he hit the ground 6mins40 seconds bolio B.T. from lurgan was the man with the stop watch did you hear the conversion i mentioned

That I can't be sure of as I watched the tape more times than I witnessed the actual event so the tape is what I remember most. On the tape, the camera is on the dog the whole time and the hare is out of shot as I said for over a minute. It wouldn't surprise me if someone watching behind where the dog was coming from said that the hare was gone from view but I was on the lane watching through bins so was only getting a narrow view of the dog itself.

do you think there was any saluki in lady :thumbs:

why does every thread have to go back to ladys breeding,someone get the tape and get in on here so we can see a good 6 minute course as i have never seen 1 as good as that.

biglicks that hat was part of the crack their was about 8 or 10 of them most of the irish lads wore them they went their to run their dogs have the crack and enjoy themselvs which most of them did apart from a few who went their to crab everything and thalk loads of shit about every persons dog ask any of the english lads what it was like

get the tape up and it will settle it for once and for all and the dog did not stop on his next hare when the first race was over the dog was not on his feet so if thats jacking i would thake one of those dogs every time from the time he was sliped until he hit the ground 6mins40 seconds bolio B.T. from lurgan was the man with the stop watch did you hear the conversion i mentioned

Was it B.K. from Lurgan? I didn't hear the conversation but as I said I saw it on the tape with the timer displayed so I know the actual length of the course wasn't being over stated. I also never knocked the dog......when the tank is empty the tank is empty. A lot of crabbers who never hunted big land will never know that their own dogs may well have run out of gas an awful lot sooner.

6 and half mins on a hare and people are saying it jacked surely the dog would have jacked well before 6 mins by the sounds off it the dog just meet a better animal on the day and that was the hare

mucky paws doesnt think that has his dogs killed hares on fen land over that period,i doubt it

That's a very valid point Iceman, a lot of people don't realise how hard it is to have a dog in the right condition, going from here to the fens, if they're only used to running small fields....no matter how many hares you have to run at, they're only short runs. I would never knock a dog that runs it's tank dry. Next one to do it could be mine!

• Like 1

That's a very valid point Iceman, a lot of people don't realise how hard it is to have a dog in the right condition, going from here to the fens, if they're only used to running small fields....no matter how many hares you have to run at, they're only short runs. I would never knock a dog that runs it's tank dry. Next one to do it could be mine!

i totally agree lad its no joke going from here over to the big land over there,has mucky paws run there and had results?????????????????????

i totally agree lad its no joke going from here over to the big land over there,has mucky paws run there and had results?????????????????????

i have seen mucky paws dogs over at the fens and in ireland and kill hares both sides of the pond if you ask him i got best dog of the day with my dog boo boo takin 3 from 3 his dogs run ok but they hav got alot better since then he got some good dogs from over here that he bred from gettig some good dogs ink sunny midnight hope lady just a few that went two him 1 was willys 1 was jockos and two my dads all apart from 1 winning cups :thumbs:

i have seen mucky paws dogs over at the fens and in ireland and kill hares both sides of the pond if you ask him i got best dog of the day with my dog boo boo takin 3 from 3 his dogs run ok but they hav got alot better since then he got some good dogs from over here that he bred from gettig some good dogs ink sunny midnight hope lady just a few that went two him 1 was willys 1 was jockos and two my dads all apart from 1 winning cups :thumbs:

but do think that a dog that as run for over 6 mins jacked or just meet its match there is a big difference 6 mins is a long long time for any dog.

:hmm: aisling, have you ran your dogs here and the fens then?

Just that you seem to have a smart comment on a lot of coursing matters?????

but do think that a dog that as run for over 6 mins jacked or just meet its match there is a big difference 6 mins is a long long time for any dog.

thing is it all depends did the dog have anymore left will it do it again you would just hav two see me i would give it a another chance see how it went on but when thats happens two a dog even tho it did try its best and just got beat from a good hare dont think the dog will ever be the same again and owen must of felt shown up and it would always play on your mind would it happen again but this time give up a bit sooner cos its been there before i no most men other here would of got rid the next day not enough stayin power and two much of a risk it might do it again :thumbs:

thing is it all depends did the dog have anymore left will it do it again you would just hav two see me i would give it a another chance see how it went on but when thats happens two a dog even tho it did try its best and just got beat from a good hare dont think the dog will ever be the same again and owen must of felt shown up and it would always play on your mind would it happen again but this time give up a bit sooner cos its been there before i no most men other here would of got rid the next day not enough stayin power and two much of a risk it might do it again :thumbs:

The word again pops out at me how many times a dog going get a 6 min plus run???? Most runs that l have seen are 2 3 mins but some go 4 5 never seen 6 min run myself and dont think l every will but a dog that run that long can have space out my back any time.

Would love see the clip off this think it would clear up a lot off things :thumbs:

The word again pops out at me how many times a dog going get a 6 min plus run???? Most runs that l have seen are 2 3 mins but some go 4 5 never seen 6 min run myself and dont think l every will but a dog that run that long can have space out my back any time.

Would love see the clip off this think it would clear up a lot off things :thumbs:

is there any truth in it that this dog was roadworked when they were waiting on the ground soffenting before the competion started