possibly the worst looking staff/pitbull ive evrt seen

As far as my mates concerned , its his thing , he likes em that way so who are we to judge ? he puts a lot of time effort , money and care into his dogs and would put alot of `dog men ` to shame . So yes mate , i hear ya , not my ideal either , but good for him .

Why good for him ?....good for him that he chooses to own a poorly bred poorly put together dog ?...lets call a spade a spade not dress it up like winning a noncey rosette at a kennel club show is a good thing !.....as admirers of working/sporting dogs we should be strongly discouraging the backwards breeding of once decent dog breeds,not turning a blind eye and saying " its his thing ".....if i purposely had a child with a woman with no arms knowing the resulting offspring were going to have physical abnormalities is it ok to say well thats fine i put a lot of time and money into the kid and " its my thing ".........no,its plain wrong to breed backwards....the object of any breeding should be to improve on the previous generation not purposely try to make them worse !....the show dog world is a disgusting reversed world where bad is good and good is bad.......the sooner more people tell it like it is the better.

As for " who are we to judge "....anyone with a brain in their head and a little common sense !

Not starting shit here i just cant stand that attitude of knowing somethings wrong but passing it off as " its ok because he puts time and money into it "....how does he put any more time or money in than anyone else,its not like the dogs need good food and exercise to waddle round a showring.

I like the way you think Gnasher. I've been saying for years that if you're breeding for Phenotype, long legs, short legs or whatever, then you ain't breeding for performance. Breed from winners and the rest will follow.

Below is a little dog I bred more than a quarter century ago.....not possessed of the trendy leggy phenotype, but a Champion for all that....Ch Marvin.

marvin.jpg

CHAMPION PHYSCO SIRED THAT DOG :notworthy:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why good for him ?....good for him that he chooses to own a poorly bred poorly put together dog ?...lets call a spade a spade not dress it up like winning a noncey rosette at a kennel club show is a g

Losing 10 lbs would`nt hurt the fat fecker .......

A "Fat Sausage Bull" I believe

:whistling:

Tell you what , i cant be arsed ..............

My guess is you cant justify your thinking.......like i said before,we should never turn a blind eye to common sense thinking,even if it is our friends ;)

• Like 1

I like the way you think Gnasher. I've been saying for years that if you're breeding for Phenotype, long legs, short legs or whatever, then you ain't breeding for performance. Breed from winners and the rest will follow.

Below is a little dog I bred more than a quarter century ago.....not possessed of the trendy leggy phenotype, but a Champion for all that....Ch Marvin.

marvin.jpg

Hello sir....we park our cars in the same garage it seems ;) .....im a believer in the old fashioned thoughts of the proof is in the pudding....start breeding overly long legged or overly shortlegged greyhounds and you dont need a show judge to tell you they are poor dogs just go to a racetrack and SEE they are poor dogs !....Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see :D

I heard the little Marvin dog was a fine animal....the picture itself indicates my point,he LOOKS like a normal every day stafford to me,yet obviously wasnt !....

The dog pictured in the OP is achondroplasic. It has a severe genetic fault which results in its limbs never growing to adult length. It should have been put down at birth. As it gets older it will be in permanent pain.

Ric

as a follow up appointment at my local vets 99% of the dogs were fat ,ugly,obeast staffs ,1 owner was getting his dog pts as its legs had went at 4 year old and was,nt intrested in any treatment and he just could,nt be bothered ,so its down 2 the owners :censored: ,the vets tryed allway with it only been young ,wer,nt even intrested in rehomeing it all he was saying was but the little c**t down ,poor fella nails were curled round his paws :thumbdown:

Edited by rocky1
  • Like 1

:whistling:

Tell you what , i cant be arsed ..............

My guess is you cant justify your thinking.......like i said before,we should never turn a blind eye to common sense thinking,even if it is our friends ;)

Cant justify my thinking ??? WTF ? What thinking ? all ive said is well done to someone ............. No wonder the bull breed section is gone the way things go on here THL at its finest ....

Sandstorm ... the dogs home thing ?? where did that come from ??

Edited by Buster321c

im not singling anyone when i write this that fit for purpose shite the kc is spouting will change nothing in the breeds,eg i watched it this year to see the craic,the german shepard that won the pastrol group was a disgrace and they were all doe eyed about the thing it was about 26 at the shoulder and about 18 at the arse,the terriers are as big as whippets and that fox terrier that won the group is crossed with an ant eater,fit for purpose my bollo*ks :wallbash: an english bull terrier was once described as the gladiator of the terriers its like the sumo wrestler now,over weight over exagerated head an shot jaws.the flat coat retreiver was a nice dog though but 99 percent of the dogs were over weight at it in total.kc staffords are ruined as there will never be breeders willing to make a stand and change the current standards.rant over good hunting tango

• Like 1

As far as my mates concerned , its his thing , he likes em that way so who are we to judge ? he puts a lot of time effort , money and care into his dogs and would put alot of `dog men ` to shame . So yes mate , i hear ya , not my ideal either , but good for him .

Why good for him ?....good for him that he chooses to own a poorly bred poorly put together dog ?...lets call a spade a spade not dress it up like winning a noncey rosette at a kennel club show is a good thing !.....as admirers of working/sporting dogs we should be strongly discouraging the backwards breeding of once decent dog breeds,not turning a blind eye and saying " its his thing ".....if i purposely had a child with a woman with no arms knowing the resulting offspring were going to have physical abnormalities is it ok to say well thats fine i put a lot of time and money into the kid and " its my thing ".........no,its plain wrong to breed backwards....the object of any breeding should be to improve on the previous generation not purposely try to make them worse !....the show dog world is a disgusting reversed world where bad is good and good is bad.......the sooner more people tell it like it is the better.

As for " who are we to judge "....anyone with a brain in their head and a little common sense !

Not starting shit here i just cant stand that attitude of knowing somethings wrong but passing it off as " its ok because he puts time and money into it "....how does he put any more time or money in than anyone else,its not like the dogs need good food and exercise to waddle round a showring.

marvin.jpg

oldpics781.jpg

Correct Theferreter........

marvin.jpg

oldpics781.jpg

Correct Theferreter........

what a dog :toast:

Cant justify my thinking ??? WTF ? What thinking ? all ive said is well done to someone ............. No wonder the bull breed section is gone the way things go on here THL at its finest ....

Sandstorm ... the dogs home thing ?? where did that come from ??

Well done for the breeding and showing of deformed good for nothing dogs.....if a man into working/sporting dogs can justify that thinking......he,s not into working/sporting dogs.....simple.

Get over yourself Gnash .You picked up on a negative part of what ive said , fair enough , but i also said its not my thing , but that seems to have fallen by the wayside for the sake of stiring it up . I cant be arsed getting into it to be honest , but you seem determined to ..........

as a follow up appointment at my local vets 99% of the dogs were fat ,ugly,obeast staffs ,1 owner was getting his dog pts as its legs had went at 4 year old and was,nt intrested in any treatment and he just could,nt be bothered ,so its down 2 the owners :censored: ,the vets tryed allway with it only been young ,wer,nt even intrested in rehomeing it all he was saying was but the little c**t down ,poor fella nails were curled round his paws :thumbdown:

That Dog getting put down was probably the best thing for the poor thing! Sad but true..

Butch.

Get over yourself Gnash .You picked up on a negative part of what ive said , fair enough , but i also said its not my thing , but that seems to have fallen by the wayside for the sake of stiring it up . I cant be arsed getting into it to be honest , but you seem determined to ..........

:blink: ....Your speaking with a split tongue son....your either in favour of dog shows or your not.....maybe you think its ok if its your friends but nobody else.....i picked up on the negative because i dont see anything whatsoever positive about dog shows....you call it stirring up,i call it telling the truth,but then telling the truth never has been popular in show dog circles !

As a member of our local breed club from the time when most of us worked our dogs and showed in the off season for a bit of crack, I have to say that at a well known local pub where the mainland visitors gathered the night before the annual champ shows, a crowd of us were informed which dog and which bitch would be winning the cc's the next day by a renowned handler. His prediction proved entirely correct. This was about 20 years ago and coloured my view on the show scene ever since....corrupt as f**k!

Edited by BOLIO1