pike spots in northern ireland

Cudnt give away the hot spots sorry. As already stated slot of places have been ruined by eastern Europeans netting and taking home good specimans for the table. River lagan holds plenty of dececnt double figures I took a 18lber out of it a few years back and I hear a 23lber was taken out a month or so ago. Check it out. Atb

Clays a good pike water alright. It's had plenty of heavy fishing over the years. Last time I fished it got a 8lber and got the car stuck after the heavy rain lol. Farmer had to pull me out. He was giving of about foreigners over fishing it and taking the pike out of it also. There's some big brutes in there though!!!!!! Atb mudd

That's good to hear. I don't live to far from it about 15 minutes. I know the keady angling club hold competitions in it. I will have to get out on to it soon. I always see cars parked along the road side is that were the fish are getting caught.

Cudnt give away the hot spots sorry. As already stated slot of places have been ruined by eastern Europeans netting and taking home good specimans for the table. River lagan holds plenty of dececnt double figures I took a 18lber out of it a few years back and I hear a 23lber was taken out a month or so ago. Check it out. Atb

I grew up along the banks of the lagan. In the 60's we used to fish at a big weir pool and the grown ups walking by with their dogs would stop to tell us we were wasting our time as the river was too dirty to hold fish. There were flounder, mullet, eels in their hundreds and seatrout in the brackish water downstream of the weir and salmon as long as our youngsters arms would launch themselves at the weir. I never caught one of those right enough. Just a month ago I saw my first otter swimming in the river right in the centre of town early in the morning so there must still be plenty of fish in there today.

Use to fish a lot of Pike on the Bann just by TOOME ,

Jesus there was some huge fish in there , Dbls no problem,

couple of nice spots to park and have a dander over to it ,

Lough Beg it go,s by i think .

fished the bann quite a bit in banbridge town bit and either end of the town never had anything massive but quite few touching double fished a place in the west of N.I for the life of me cant remember the name biggish lake/loch just past omagh might have been near enniskillen most beautifal place i ever been there was a cable ferry to a hotel bar and the that place was just unbelievable only small but can always remember the fishing wallpaper in the toilet