Another shocker

This is terrible news for us Lads.http://www.lemondrop.co.uk/2011/03/03/swans-massacred/?icid=main|uk-ws-bb|dl5|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lemondrop.co.uk%2F2011%2F03%2F03%2Fswans-massacred%2F Don't know if you can get this link, but 25 Swans shot in the head at close range. They were not even taken for food, just left lying where they were shot.

ATB

Danny

Edited by Danny R-10

Interesting assumption though. "Experts" believe that the killer "stood directly over each bird and shot them with an air rile"

Now how do you work that one out?

On the whole though, gotta agree, the scum needs finding, and the barrel of whatever gun he's using (my money's on a cheapo chinese or turkish item) being stuffed up his fundament and fired repeatedly! Whether swans are a pest or not (some places they undoubtedly are) they are an iconic British bird, and hold a special place in the British psyche, so to shoot them and leave them lying about is incredibly inflammatory. Probably some schemic f##kwit anti, "look at what these heartless airgunners will do, let's ban airguns, then sit around the campfire drinking acorn coffee and singing "ging gang goolie" whilst the rabbits eat all the crops"

Grrrrrrr :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

• Like 2

i thought the same matt anyone who has the pleasure for trying to catch a swan will know they dont sit still and wait for you so how could they stand directly over them lol

anyway i here black ops calling bye for now

atb gary

Edited by festa

You know, the Queen officially "owns" every Swan in Britain. And some fishermen regard them as a pest to their sport. Either the reason lies between those two fact or, it's the work of another mindless b*****d who sees Swans the way he sees anything nice and gentle and unthreatening; as fair game for his vicious little mind. More than likely it was a cheap piece of chinky crap he used. Never heard of someone with a serious money, quality rifle doing this kind of thing. But who knows!

Simon

If they stood over the swans and fired the swans sleeping nearby would have attacked! Swans can be blasted viscious, ask and angler who has come between a pen and her nest for a start. Geese are just as bad. I cant believe they shot 20 odd swans in the same area without waking them up. This would mean the gun would have to be gas powered. Stand to reason, a springer going off would have woken the swans up. So you are looking for some knuckle dragging ape with a cheapo CO2 gun with a silencer...

After about 20 shots the gas pressure would have dropped so much he could not hit anything with it!

Edited by secretagentmole

aye another moron probably up to his eyes in drugs or [bANNED TEXT] not got nowere to hang around so i will just go and slaughter some of them birds in the lake cos if i get caught i will just blame it on a poor up bringing and the soft arsed judge will take pity on me sound familiar lads?

yeh but its always us the f****n us who get the f****n full throttle of the law and the f****n idiots who dont give a f**k carry on making it worse and worse for us all. sorry to hear about this topic but once again what can we do as hunters and proper air rifle users to prevent us all from getting a bad name i would like to hear from you all on this lads as it is really time sumert happend?

aye another moron probably up to his eyes in drugs or [bANNED TEXT] not got nowere to hang around so i will just go and slaughter some of them birds in the lake cos if i get caught i will just blame it on a poor up bringing and the soft arsed judge will take pity on me sound familiar lads?

true mate true i couldnt agree more the justice system in this country for things like this just insnt good enough!!

The very reason they do it is because the Morons know they will only get a slap on the wrist if they get caught. Their perverted little minds dont work like ours, and they dont give a dam if they screw it up for all of the genuine shooters.

ATB

Danny