working dogs & cats

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All ours have lived with cats, can take them to other peoples houses with cats and walk them past any in the road. They were all trained like that from pups, if i told them to nail one they would but

think you just posted the first one

Posted Images

HI, when i was younger i can remember this old boy who had a working lurcher that lived with a cat !!!! i hate cats but just wondering if any 1 has had cats living with working dogs !!! no stupid post,s pls??? 8)

well i !! my lurcher lived with a cat it done other cats and raynard but never touched the cat at home !:thumbs:

All my dogs are broke to cats and any other domesticated stock, my son has 2 rabbits, we have hens, geese, ducks, pea fowl, guinea fowl, horses Goats, I will not tolerate killing things that are off game, all my terriers work Racoon , Possum , fox, and work them hard, those same terriers can be left in the laundry room all night with the 2 cats and i know the cats are safe,

A good example was last week where we were hunting ( new permission) it was on a Menonite farm ( kind of like Amish ) this fellas farm and barns were full with feral cats, that he liked to have around to keep the mice and rats down, my Terriers and Lurchers worked through all the cats and we managed to take a couple of coons out of his barns, if my dogs weren't steady to cats they would have killed the fellas cat and that would have been the end of hunting there !!

any self respecting Lurcher or Terrierman SHOULD have there dogs stock and cat broken, unless you live in the middle of bumfcuk nowhere, and there's no livestock anywhere, it just looks bad on you and on field sportsmen everywhere

When i come to think of it i have a pack of 35 couple of hounds out in the kennels that can walk past our cats every day and not take a second glance at them !!

YIS CH

I got an adult lakeland terrier off a keeper that was losing his job. He told me i would never break it to my g/f's cat but i did,admittedly with liberal doses of the alkathene pipe. Said terrier was as game as they come and was game for anything but he ended up sleeping with the cat.

All my dogs,including a bull x and lakies live alongside my parrots and never touch them, as someone said they all consider each other pack members and one of my africn greys goes mental if anyone strange pets the dogs.