my new bird,

J.D.

well lads, i have today recieved my harris hawk, :boogie: , ive been waiting a while and he is now here, i just finished my mews yesterday and hes in there now chomping on some chicks, he seems very content, ive got him in the molt as it gives me a lot of time for us to build a bond and for him to trust me,i intend spending lots of time with him and ive far warned the misiss :tongue2: , this is my first bird and i have 2 mentors who are willing to help me through, both between them having 40 + years, so im really looking forward to these next few months and many more years with him, hes now 6 months old,

anyway thought i would put this post up with some pics for u guys to see him, im sure i will have a lot more posts on him as the years go on, anyway hope you like the pics, :thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by J.D.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bullterrier

nice bird good luck with your new Harris j d look forward reading all about learning progress and may you both have many happy hunting years together mate ATB..:thumbs: ..john

nice bird good luck with your new Harris j d look forward reading all about learning progress and may you both have many happy hunting years together mate ATB..:thumbs: ..john

cheers john, im sure we will,

nice male if you need any help with anything let me know all the best john.

thanks john, hes a cracker, really well manered bird and a pleasure to own, really enjoying getting to no him and him getting to no and trust me, hes doing really well, really looking forward to the new season, lot of work to be done in the mean time , :thumbs::thumbs:

as im one of your mentors john and being the one that supplied you with the bird i wish you all the best mate your a pleasure to know mate jeff

thanks jeff, really looking forward to bringing the bird on, ready for the start of the seaon, hes doing really well in his new home, coming on great, yal have to pop awa to see him [bANNED TEXT], :thumbs:

will try to get over next week john mate,busy finishing off rat rooms and quail quarters bud to keep costs down bud

eye, ne bother jeff, whenever ya get 5, call awa mate, just giz a bell so im in pal, :thumbs:

Edited by J.D.

will try to get over next week john mate,busy finishing off rat rooms and quail quarters bud to keep costs down bud

eye, ne bother jeff, whenever ya get 5, call awa [bANNED TEXT], just giz a bell so im mate, :thumbs:

got this awsome pic of him yesterday, what a bird he is !!! :toast::toast:

i bred this bird and i still miss him at times,looking good john mate i hope to get to see you this week bud but will ring you first mate jeff

u no were i am jeff, call awa when u get 5,

wow what a beaut, best of luck with him. Ive always been interested in it and just recently bought a book on it but its so difficult to find a mentor

Out of interest how long did you wait from first researching and being mentored until getting your first bird?