Anyone willing to let me go shooting with them ?, East kent.

Hi Everyone,

I'm 17 and live near Canterbury, Kent.

I am keen on going shooting either shotguns or 22 rifles. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to let me go shooting with them, and of course i will pay you for the Ammo i use.

I know this is a big ask, but i am not some f*****g idiot who will faff about, i am really keen on doing some serious shooting. And i am quite sensible as i know the risks involved when using firearms.

Being 17, unemployed and having no land to shoot on, let alone my own proper firearm (apart from a .22 air rifle)... i hope you can see where i am coming from.

Feel free to pm me with any offers etc.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Harry :)

Hi Everyone,

I'm 17 and live near Canterbury, Kent.

I am keen on going shooting either shotguns or 22 rifles. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to let me go shooting with them, and of course i will pay you for the Ammo i use.

I know this is a big ask, but i am not some f*****g idiot who will faff about, i am really keen on doing some serious shooting. And i am quite sensible as i know the risks involved when using firearms.

Being 17, unemployed and having no land to shoot on, let alone my own proper firearm (apart from a .22 air rifle)... i hope you can see where i am coming from.

Feel free to pm me with any offers etc.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Hi mate i understand what your saying Although due to some, people are reluctant to take unknown people shooting. I sujest you take your air rifle to a club and practise just till your 18 and then go out looking for permition. :thumbs: And if you realy want to shoot befor you get permition you can pay to go out on shoots.

• Like 1

If you are unemployed you have plenty of time on your hands. I suggest you get out and earn yourself some permission by offering your time and maybe some labour. You never know you might end up with a job.

Good luck. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Hello Harry

Please don't read this the wrong way, it is sincerely meant.

I am nowhere near Kent and cannot help you but can I give you one tip. Your short note read extremely well and I warmed to you, the only bit that let you down was the bit where you said that you are not some f*****g idiot.... That rather made you out to be what you say you are not. When you are writing "blind" to people you have never met you can only be judged by what you write and how you write it.

I thought that some of the follow up comments were rather harsh, demoralising and unhelpful, so ignore them. Stick at it, keep your approach polite, honest and to the point, you will win in the end if you are keen enough and enthusiastic so don't get discouraged.

So how about it forum readers, there must be someone in Kent who will give the lad a trip out for a couple of hours.

Les

• Like 2

Hi Les,

I see exactly where you are coming from and i think perhaps i should have chosen slightly more sensible wording. I would like to thank you for having faith in me, as you don't know me. I do try my best to put down words on paper that do me justice, as i am not the average, immature 17 year old, (without being vain) i believe i am reasonably sensible and an ok lad.

Regards,

Good on you lad, your 17 years old and instead of wanting to stand in bus shelters getting p*ssed on cheap cider with a load of hoodies your wanting to go hunting instead. There are a few young lads on here and most are sensible (some are not) and it makes me have some faith in the next generation after all.

I can only suggest as some earlier posts try to help out on a local farm get to know the people and you will earn your permissions. If I am totally honest land owners are sceptical enough when me, a 40 year old asks for permission never mind someone much younger. Get to know lads in your area offer your assistance at the local gun club or gun shop for a few hours a week you'll get to know people and with any luck you'll get an invite.

Good luck :thumbs:

• Like 1